Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wiring Harness Tool Set

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plow, Sep 5, 2015.

1. plow

plow
    from Louisana

Can someone point me in the direction of a tool set that releases the terminals on fuse blocks and connectors? I've Googled it and there is a dizzying amount of info. I also noticed that there were many different types of tools, I assume it depends what fuse block and connectors your dealing with.

I went to my local U pull it and got the blocks and a few connectors from a Dodge/ Mercedes Sprint van. I also got some connectors from from a Chevy Tahoe.

I will need new connector pins and spade connectors, Crimp tool (if necessary) Wire etc. as well.

I'm not interested at this point in a store bought harness.

2. Terminal supply will have the tools and probably the terminals:)

Most of the time a straight dental pic will unlock them, harbor freight for a few bucks

3. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

4. stimpy

stimpy

yep all you need and terminal is good for small orders and tech too .

5. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, so if you post pictures of what you are dealing with, we might possibly be able to help you figure it out :)

6. plow

plow
    from Louisana

7. plow

plow
    from Louisana

[​IMG]

Picked it all up for a 20 spot. Didn't think that was bad at all

8. plow

plow
    from Louisana

BTW it's going in a '42 ford truck with an early model 454. I want to keep the factory gauges if possible. I'm not even sure they work or not but I'll get into that later. The gas tank will be a junk yard donor and relocated outside of the cab..........Somewhere.

9. 59 brook

59 brook

i think i got a set of 3 or 4 small looking screwdriver type tools for a few different ends from pep boys for around $10

10. one of these....
    DSCN9718.JPG

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not for sure but the one with the red peaces on the back I believe you would remove the red part the you will see the tad that locks the terminal in that you can release with a pick.

12. plow

plow
    from Louisana

Dig it! Lotsa good info here guys. Thanks alot! I'll pick a few out and match my terminals up for an order.

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

That green one pictured, the ninja star looking thing, and it's red brother, are all you need. They do it all, new to old.