Register now to get rid of these ads!

wire wheels...take me to school

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikeyboy, Jun 17, 2005.

1. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

ok, want to change & put the old timey wire wheels on my 46 pickup. truck has the small ford bolt pattern front & rear w 195/65 r 15 on the front..rears can be whatever, larger the better..what i need to know , is what fits that bolt pattern & what is a good source for these. i realize that thery would more than likely need to be "trued" or adjusted...or whatever you call it.
    so guys......HELP :D

2. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

If you want Ford wires then you need an adapter to the 5.5 on 5 pattern. I got a set of NOS Ansens off Ebay for my 8" rear.

Mopar 16 and 17" wires of the early 30's have the small pattern and bolt on, dont know if you need spacers to get them to ride flat against the drums as when using 35 Fords on later years.

3. Try Stoners post above for adapters. I just checked out verntardel.com and they had them. I need them as well so that where I will get mine.

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I ave 3 of the Mopar wires that are the pattern you need I will try and get a pic for you on sunday.