Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wipers ... and a snow brush ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Center of the Galaxie, May 24, 2024.

1. As per a couple of recent threads. Went for coffee this morning, after about an hour this is what the car looked like. 100_1275.JPG 100_1276.JPG
    Wipes alone wouldn't get me back on the road again. I needed a snow brush to finish the job. All my cars have functioning wipers, but non of them have a snow brush on board, I had to borrow one. :)

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Just wear a long sleeved shirt ....

3. Yup, it won't take long to disappear.

Sharpone and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  4. As long as that white stuff is not 50% salt........
    No worries.
    ride.jpg

5. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

Where I live, in the middle of nowhere, Wyoming, there are a few things that are never put away here. Snow brush and scraper under the seat, snow shovel on the porch, Warm blanket in the trunk or on the back seat, Snow blower always serviced and ready, Gas tanks always full. We get a lot of power outages here, too. A generator in the garage is always ready to go. Highways are closed a bit of the time in winter and it's a long way to anywhere to boot. Not a place for sissies. I love it! :)

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

It just flat boggles my mind that a guy who lives in freaking Brandon Manitoba Canada doesn't carry a snow brush/scraper in his car as standard equipment. Well Google maps does say that it is in "southern" Manatoba. Screenshot (266).png

Sharpone and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  7. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

This thread reminds me of the time,,,,,
    Running my big truck West, no rush schedule, through Oregon I needed a piece of hardware.
    Stopped in a small town off the highway to eat. Then walked to the auto parts store.
    Where I'm from (Philly area) near the door the stores have washer fluid, chemical additives etc.
    There the auto store display at the entrance was snow chains and clutch/pressure plates.:eek:

Desoto291Hemi, Sharpone and Algoma56 like this.
  8. Believe it or not up here in Canada we actually get summer. I’m way further north than Brandon and we have emerged from our igloos. I don’t carry a snow brush, I guess I don’t have a clue…

9. Yup, I usually start driving this car in late March or into April, kind of a nose thumbing at the past winter. No reason to carry winter gear, until there is. :)

Desoto291Hemi and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  10. Ziggster

Ziggster

As cold as gets here in the National Capital Region, I tell my eldest who wants to move to Alberta, their summers are like two months long.

Desoto291Hemi and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  11. Not quite….

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Must have been out of raincoats!

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  13. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I was doing a 6 month job in Northport, Washington in the winter of 1981. That is one soggy area. It would snow a foot or more and then turn around and rain on it. Hwy 25 down to Kettle falls could be so icy you couldn't stand up on it but when the Canadian border opened in the mornings the Canadian folk would blast down the road like the devil himself was after them. I wouldn't even go out there until at least 10:00am.
    My tools for that place was several snow brushes and ice scrapers, tire chains, a loader and a big old dozer.

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  14. Call Rob and get him to get one over to you.;)

15. I actually brushed the snow off of his Studebaker at the same time. He was headed to Winnipeg when we were done coffee. Rob's Stude.jpg

HemiDeuce likes this.
  16. gene-koning

gene-koning

I thought that was what credit cars were for... to use as ice scrappers.

I drive my 49 all year around, there is a snow brush/ice scrapper under the seat at all times. There is one of those Dollar Store squeegees under the seat too. In the warmer months, there is a spray water bottle with water in it along with paper towels so I can clear the squished bugs off the windshield if needed.