Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wiper ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Brown, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6C30BFFF-1470-43B0-995B-518A0D92255F.jpeg looking for anyones ideas on installing windshield wiper on roadster. I run about half the time with and half the time without top. Has anyone figured a way for this, elec. or manual. how far does the glass go into the windshield frame, is there room to drill. 31 roadster

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Most roadster frames{Tube} have a 5/16 clannel,glass is into about 1/4 in. with sealer around it. My stock 28 roadster frame had a hole for it's Armstrong wiper 13.5 in. from the drivers side top end of tube. 1/4in. hole as I remember for shaft of Armstrong wiper.
    https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_...uXwNqxgIR9Qf2TLBoTxoCUuwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I tried a boat one for a short time,but didn't like it,seem wrong speed an had to play with switch to stop right place. Fact is in the rain I'm going slow enough to armstrong it anyway an My "A" with top up,I still get some wet,just not as much as when I leave top at home. So armstrong always goes at speed I want an stops were it need to be. Plus,cheap// but don't try to stop it with wiper up on tubing=that just kills rubber blade fast,stop just before frame. I love Rain-X
    The top/header dose in most case's need a pocket cut away for wiper.

51920015a.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  3. Rain-X is what I used on my roadster, I never had any wipers or a top but I'm sure both would have been beneficial. HRP

[​IMG]

VANDENPLAS and dana barlow like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You live in California! You need no stinkin wipers in California! Unless your in Hollywood and the smug is restricting your view.

5. hudson48

hudson48