Register now to get rid of these ads!

Windshield replacement in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59Custom300, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 59Custom300

59Custom300

I have a 59 Ford and I had a crappy windshield and disintegrating gasket, so I did what any self respecting guy would do. I dropped a wad of cash to buy a new windshield and gasket (yes, you can get a new windshield for a 59 Ford). So I ask around at the local cruise in and eventually find a guy who says he can replace windshields in old cars, he even has a glass shop. He comes out while I'm at work and does the deed (more or less). It looks OK, but the moulding around the windshield is a little off. Then I get caught in the rain and I have leaks, lots of them. Long story short, does anyone know of a glass guy that can actually replace windshields properly in old cars in or near Columbus, Ohio? I understand old cars have issues and nothing is guaranteed, but this was due to poor workmanship. I just need someone who can actually do the job, knows what they are doing, and would like to be paid for their time and effort. Oh, and they have to be willing to put up with me hanging around while they work on the car. Burn me once shame on you...