Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wilson Welding website is down - No worries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KKrod, Feb 25, 2020.

1. KKrod

KKrod

Wilson Welding and Machine website is down pending a new website. Please call Bob directly. The website has been down for several months and some people have worried that Bob was no longer in business. He is fully in business. 214-662-9483

Karl Knecht - kkrod

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Jasper234

Jasper234

Bob Wilson

Hi

I’m looking to buy a set of front brakes off Bob Wilson - his finned back plates, Lincoln internals, hubs and Buick drums complete ready to fit.

I’m in the UK and it’s hard to make contact by phone - time delays, work etc- do you know if he’s got email yet??

Hope you don’t mind me writing to you - it sounded like you might have contact with Bob.....

Thanks
    Kelvin

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Bob isn't making them any longer. I spoke with him just before Christmas. I scored a pair of used ones with drums and hubs for the front of my '29 roadster from a guy in TX who took 'em off his '27 to put disks on, and a new pair machined for a Ford 8 or 9" rear from a guy here in MI who bought them for a customer who backed out. Good luck. The guy in MI had another pair, also machined for a rear axle flange but you could machine them for a Ford front spindle as well.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. KKrod

KKrod

Hi Kelvin. Bob does not have an email. I haven't talked to him in awhile. Apparently he is not making the finned backing plates anymore.

5. Website still shows finned backing plates, but “hubs” will not open.
    FWIW, I have a set of te new loaded finned backing plates with Buick drums if anyone is interested.
    http://www.wilsonweldingandmachine.com/

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Check with Bobby Walden, I think he will be handling the Bob Wilson product line