Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willys Gasser Bucket Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1940 Willys Coupe, Jun 9, 2008.

1. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

I own a 40 Willys coupe and at present I have a set of drag racing style fiberglass seats in the car. As many of you know the drivers compartment in a Willys Coupe is small. The seats I have now are to big and don't look "right."

Does anyone know where I might find a set of small fiberglass bucket seats for this car. New would be good. A used set would be fine.

Also, how about the seats out of a small import or sports car?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks to the H.A.M.B. and all the people who make it great!

Gary

2. Gary, I tried a smaller set of low back old bucket seats in my car and couldnt get comfortable in them. I dont know if it was the cage, or my size, but the racing seats really fit better. Just food for thought. I think if you look into some of the sand rail dune buggy sites, you will find the type of seats your thinking about. I also think speedway has some. Don

3. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Don,

Thanks for the heads up on the comfort deal. With this car comfort is not a real big concern.

Those bucket seats that you were not comfortable in, where did you get them and do you still have them?

Gary

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

I put a pair of small individual seats that were similar to the a-100 dodge van seats that were popular in the late 60's Gassers and SS cars in my OT Jeep. Jeeps are kinda narrow. too. I got them from a 1970 Chevy PU that was converted to a camper. I also think the older style, 50's-60's, Jeep seat would work for you. They have a tube metal frame and flat cushions, real industrial look.
    Frank

5. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Frank,

Thanks for the idea on the jeep seats!

Gary

6. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

7. Limeworks has them, similar to these........

[​IMG]

8. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Hey Kevin!

Thanks for the email on the seats. Do you have any contact information on how to get in touch with that company, what the seats are called, part # etc..

Any help would be appreciated!

Gary

9. No part number but here is their ph # 562 698 1227

10. My buddy has Fiero seats in his... not very traditional, but pretty comfy!

11. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to forward the phone number on the seat to me.

Gary

12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I used the same Empi seats in mine but got that from a buggy place, they were cheap, google empi seat and it will come up. EDIT here ya go, scroll down a little http://www.dansperformanceparts.com/buggy/seats/buggyseat1.htm