Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willowbank nostalgias April 2018

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Apr 28, 2018.

1. spanners

spanners

If there is anyone hanging by their 'short and curlys' waiting for a race report from Willowbank Nostalgias today you are out of luck, I've been laid low for the last 3 days by a mystery viral infection. Nice it was too. Started with couldn't stop shivering, didn't eat for 2 days, large red rash spreading from my groin to the ankle with skin pulled so tight it made it difficult to walk , sore gums and it feels like all my teeth want to fall out. To quote Monty Python's Holy Grail "it's nothing, merely a flesh wound".
    Anyone that knows me knows that if I don't go racing I'm either away on holidays or near dead. It wasn't the first and certainly felt like the second.
    Gunnedah in a couple of weeks so hopefully fit for that. Hooroo

2. bobw

bobw

Holy shit spanners! With symptoms like that it's good you can get on the Hamb. What are you doing for the illness? Well, get well & stay well.

3. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Perhaps a warm water enema would help you ? :confused:

Take care. The next time will come and all will be well.

4. spanners

spanners

Thanks for the thoughts. Bed rest and plenty of fluids, (unfortunately not the alcoholic type due to the antibiotics I'm on). I thankfully can still get on the 'puter to read the Hamb.
    I've heard a rumour Nigel (OBFB) might build a HA/GR and return to the fold. C'mon Nigel, we know you're out there.

5. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Get well soon spanners

6. spanners

spanners

Thank you, I'm working on it. I'd like to be down the shed putting the new engine together but my stamina levels are shot and I don't want to muck up the assembly.

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

No sweat, you race. Therefor you're not allowed to die in bed, that's required to be at speed or via a jealous woman. Chin up, Sir.

8. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope that you heal quickly spanners. Winter here would be a whole lot longer without your reports and videos.
    You give us hope that there will eventually be a spring.

9. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Don't worry all the HA/GR boys had a phat time. We did miss you though. Glad you're well again. My little girl behaved all day, ran a PB and won our class.

10. spanners

spanners

That's bloody good to hear I wish I had been there to watch that. Gerard still isn't up and running. After Saturday at Sydney mine's out of action as well. Just finished pulling the motor down. Broke the crank through the No. six journal. I'm surprised I was able to drive it onto the trailer. The only thing holding the crank together was the big end. Had to happen one day.