Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willowbank Nostalgia National 2013

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Aug 2, 2013.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

I have just checked the entry list for next weekends Nostalgia Nationals and we have 7 HA/GR Cars as confirmed entries. I wish there was more but I guess not everyone can make the trip.
    I can't wait. This weekend we have a meet up at the Warwick track for some last minute sorting and of course just a darn good time.
    Will let y'all know how things go. Nigel.:)

2. bobw

bobw

Looking forward to seeing some pics from the event. Video would be even better!

3. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

I was the only HA/GR car there, the track was very cold with nil traction.
    2.2 60ft times and 9.2 over the 1/8th. the best run of the day was 8.8 at 74. mph. Not too bad considering this is the middle of our winter. Hey Bob are you going to the HAMB Drags this year. I hope so, 'cause I'm going and it would be great to catch up. Nigel.
    p.s. pics won't load for some reason.

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Senior Moment? :p

5. spanners

spanners

Hey Nigel. You've got 5 HA/GRs coming up from NSW so where are all the Qld cars? It'll be good to finally put a face to car so come over for a yarn. Peter(2098)

6. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Yes Pete it looks like we have to rely on our Southern Cousins to fill up the numbers again. I can hardly wait, if this weather stays with us it should be an excellent weekend.
    See you there Saturday morn nice and early.Nigel.

7. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Wow what a weekend. The weather was fantastic, winter here and sun both days.
    We had the 7 car field all ruuning great all Saturday with only a few very minor hiccups to contend with for Sunday.
    Spanners developed a noise that turn out to be broken flywheel bolts, so a quick run around and that was fixed double quick.
    Black sheep Chrysler 6 had gearbox trouble so they changed that pitside to then have shifter trouble. Such is racing.
    HAMBstirrer was running a little off pace for his car, not normal for Kevin.
    Come Sunday we were all lumped into a huge field of DYO.
    A bit hard to contend with some of the ultra consistant automatic cars in the field, but at the end of the day we all had smiles a mile wide.
    No one more that me, the first 13 second pass for the old guy, I am so thrilled with my car, she ran faultlessly all weekend, 14.07- 14.03 - 13.99 - 13.95 - 14.02.
    No prizes for any of the HA/GR cars but after racing all weekend we could all drive back on the trailer, pretty good.

8. bobw

bobw

Sounds like a great weekend, Nigel. Breaking into the 13's has to be a thrill. I hope to get close to that in two weeks.

In answer to your question on another thread, No, unfortunately, I'll not be going to the HAMB Drags.

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Good show Nigel. Congratulations on your first 13 second runs! That should keep you grinning for a while. :D