Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Will this Edmunds intake work on my 216 Chevy?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dugydog, Nov 18, 2015.

1. dugydog

dugydog

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1447896490.679531.jpg

I'm looking for a cool intake for my otherwise stock 1949 Chevy Fleetline. The owner states it will fit the 235 Chevy but he's not sure what else. He gave me the measurements of the ports and it seems like it would fit but what I don't see is the rod that is mounted to the intake that is used for the carburetor linkage. I have seen intakes on eBay advertised as fitting the 216 engine and they all seem to have this rod. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

There was originally a cross shaft that tied the two carb throttles together but it's missing from that one. Not a big deal to fab one up. Main thing is to make sure the port size matches your ports. If you have a 216 you have the smaller ports and there are sleeve available to make up the difference.

Search Thickstun intake. There was a thread recently that discussed this in detail regarding the port sizes.

3. Shoop107

Shoop107

Had the same problem with my stovebolt. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's a 1/4 inch difference between the two. 216 is around 1 1/4 and a 235 is around 1 1/2. The sleeves work well. Helps keep the gaskets in place while you get everything bolted up.

4. There's a 216 social group Mo is the stove bolt man. He always has a answer and he loves speed parts for them.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

You have to run headers or weld up the top of a stock manifold. Look between hose nipples for freeze crack - most up here are broke ...

6. dugydog

dugydog

Hey guys thanks for all the valuable info. I'm gonna grab the intake and carbs and give it a try.