Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Wild Rose / Drag Racer / Rochester NY / 50's or 60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carshopowner, Jan 2, 2012.

1. carshopowner

carshopowner

A club member set this out to the club.

Can anyone here help him out?

"Club Members and Friends,

Does anyone remember Wild Rose..............that drag raced in the Rochester area back in the late 50's or 60's. Was her name Genusio or something similar? Did she ever own a yellow 67 Corvette coupe? A person named Tom D______ called me from MI. and heard that the car he owns was drag raced in the Rochester area by a female driver. Tom worked at Rochester Products about the same time I retired, in 1986 and asked if I knew of this girl. He's is trying to learn the history of his car. He purchased the car in Lockport, but don't remember the year.

In 1959 I had our 57 Vette for sale, Ron Phelps and Rose.......... showed up to check it out. I had just the base engine and only a 3 speed std.shift transmission, so it probably was not a good candidate.

If anyone has information about Rose...........or pictures, it would be of great help."
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Post your information here and I will forward, Thanks

2. jimdillon

jimdillon

Although I have heard of the car I had no photographs or any real information. Do not know where I copied this photo from, possibly this site and jotted down a note. As I understand the car was driven by Rosemary Gennuso(Sp?) originally from Rochester NY. She apparently moved to So Cal and I am curious if this pic is in SoCal with Mc Mullen's name on the hardtop-albeit that is merely a guess.

I have never seen a 67 coupe with that name but others may have-Jim

[​IMG]

3. carshopowner

carshopowner

Thank you very much I will get this information to the club member that requested it.

4. carshopowner

carshopowner

another reply from the club
    "
    Hi Glenn,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Thanks for posting on HAMB. I have The Hot Rod magazine with Rose and Tom McMullen, but where is it?. I had sent the letter to Larry apparently just as he left for a vacation, so had time to check the Internet and found the same picture you did and the magazine cover, it was April 1963 I have no proof that Rose ever came back to Rochester.<o:p></o:p>
    I now have a picture of the 67 Vette that was purchased in Lockport with the rumor it was raced by a girl in Rochester, so will pursue the mystery in an other way.<o:p></o:p>
    "

5. carshopowner

carshopowner

Club Members, Family and Friends,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Earlier I was trying to find out if Rosemary Gennuso ever raced a 1967 Corvette coupe. I would like to thank everyone that responded. My letter wasn't posted because Larry was out of town. Which gave me time to hunt the Internet. Being a long time subscriber of Hot Rod magazine, almost from day one, I remember Rose and Tom being on the cover of Hot Rod. While searching the Internet I found the cover of Hot Rod mag. it was April 1963 I know that they divorced and that Street Rodder magazine was known as a TRM Publication. I think Tom previously had a AEE Chopper magazine. Does "T" stand for Tom, does "R' stand for Rose and "M' for McMullen? So my thoughts are that they were still married in 1972 when they started Street Rodder magazine. My thoughts are that she never raced a 1967 Vette in the Rochester, NY area.<o:p></o:p>
    Take a good look at the photo's, did you ever see this car drag raced in this area? Do you know the driver/owner, male or female. Any info would help Tom Dingman in MI. know more about the history of his 67 Vette coupe. Tom purchased the 67 Vette in Lockport. The 3rd. picture shows the Lace paint, the color looks more gold than yellow. Also notice that in the rear end view photo the Lace paint is only on the driver side.<o:p></o:p>
    Dick

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> </v:shapetype>

Attached Files:

6. carshopowner

carshopowner

I don't remember that car, I thought Rosemary was in California by then. She had a 59 or 60 vett when I remember her racing around here. She beat me once when the injectors screwed up, I beat her about 8 or 10 times back in 61. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <HR align=center SIZE=3 width="100%">
    From: To: Sent: 1/5/2012 11:36:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
    Subj: Fwd: RSR Here&apos;s the 67 Vette who is the driver or owner?<o:p></o:p>

You have any recollections of this car?

7. Island Hemi

Island Hemi
    from Florida

Spent a week in California in 1967 with my best friend who lived next door to Rose Genuso and Tom McMullen . At that time Tom was a free lance writer and Photographer. Rose did race a 61or 62 Vette in the Rochester area but moved to Califorina in the mid 60's. The last i knew her brother John still lived in Rochester.

8. carshopowner

carshopowner

Thanks for the rely, I will forward to the club member