Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wild Canary on a Jobsite

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I don't post much on here anymore, mainly because I don't have a whole lot to add. I built my roadster pickup, the "Wild Canary" seven years ago, and it is my daily driver in the summer months. Most of the older members will remember many hundreds, perhaps even thousands of posts that were made on this forum during the build process. Today I had to go across town to a construction site at the old Allandale train station which is being refurbished as a "Go-Train" station, and measure up a prototype device being developed for a "Mini Hoe" backhoe machine. While I had the camera out taking pictures of it I snapped a pic of my truck.---All the construction guys were admiring my "Work Truck"!!!:D:D
    [​IMG]

2. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

damn, i don't blame them for admiring it, because that's one of the nicest work trucks i've ever seen for sure!

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Still love your truck Brian.

4. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

good to see your still around ! truck looks great

5. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Brian, I was wondering what happened to you...havent seen you around here in a long time. I need to see that truck of yours in person one day.

6. Nice truck...super nice truck. That makes the commute to and from much more enjoyable doesn't it?

7. The bright yellow is perfect body colour and I really like the whitewalls with the white top!
    You got one nice Roadster Pickup to summer cruise in!:D

8. maniac

maniac

I remember the build very well, can't believe its been 7 years:eek:

Looks great !:D

9. 7 years...? Wow...

Always loved the 28-9 fenders with a 30-1 Body... great combination!

10. 296ardun

296ardun

Hope you keep posting, the truck is great!

11. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

It's cool that you drive it and don't treat it like garage art!

12. brady1929

brady1929

13. My '38 Pick-up is my daily driver,and sometimes I have to drop off something on the way home,and the guys on the jobsites go nuts when they see it. I run the yard for a construction company.

Love the truck,BTW....

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nothing cooler than a hot rod work truck!

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

built em to be driven

nothing worse then a nice looking hot rod that just sits in its place in the garage

16. Hey Brian everybody knows you for your pick up bed tech archive man!! Real good one!!

17. jipp

jipp

that is sucha nice set of wheels.. every man/women needs a work truck as nice :)
    chris.

18. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brian, don't sell your previous threads short. Those threads are responsible for a lot of cool cars being built correctly..........from the frame up.........and your truck rocks....work or otherwise

19. That rpu is probably one of the nicest hotrods I have built, in fourty some years of hotrod building. It is my daily driver during the summer months, and that old 305 that I used as a dummy block to build the truck around is still going like that rabbit with the batteries up its ass---It just won't quit!!! I keep waiting for it to die so I can put a 350 in its place, but each year it just seems to run better. All of my earlier hotrods were chopped, or channeled, or both---Great to look at, but murder on my back to drive for long. This one is stock body and top height, running a pair of 65 Mustang buckets on home brewed risers, and as I get older and fatter and more filled with arthritis, I really appreciate the comfort of a stock height car. I've quit going to the big car shows, but I still make it to a couple of local "cruise nights" each week. I still drop in to the HAMB from time to time, and still occasionally add to my monster thread on "How to build an early hotrod frame". http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ighlight=how+to+build+an+early+hotrod+chassis Its nice to hear from you fellows, and nice to know that my posts may have helped some hotrodders along the way.----Brian

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  20. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Great look on your truck nice going

21. JimSwann

JimSwann

Slick as a ribbon!

22. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Nuthin' but COOL!

23. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

Screen name is a little different, but I know where he hides out quite a bit, it was the nice truck that told off on him, I think he has posted pics of it on that forum. I will let him tell you guys if he wants to. It is not a car forum.

24. 28chevrat

28chevrat

Very nicely built and I remember lot of the threads you did about measurements!! Good to see your still around. Bitchin Truck !!