Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wife's car gets a blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brjnelson, Jan 6, 2004.

1. brjnelson

brjnelson

I am working on my brides Nash Metropolitan this winter, I am also twisting her arm into some custom mods. It is "Her Car" and she does not want me to go hogwild and I would like to make a sled out of it.
    I did talk her into a supercharger, ( "No Honey it will still be streetable" [​IMG] ) ya think she would have learned when I said "This glasspack will not be too loud on your little 4 banger" [​IMG]
    I will keep you guy's updated about progress on the Car, if you care about her oddrod.
    Brian
    [​IMG]

2. you were serious? i thought you were joking about that. god thats cool. four-thirteen

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

Wow, thats interesting.
    I have been thinking about that, but I was not sure if you could use those modern blowers that way, since they would only get "dry" air on a modern injected engine.
    If you can run a gas/air mixture through them,with out damage to the bearing seals, that opens up a lot of possibilitys.
    Keep us posted, I might have to try that too.

4. ikillspies

ikillspies
    from Minnesota

wow man, that looks really nice, did you go through clifford? how much do those straight six blowers go for anyways, ive only seen one other than that.

5. Mutt

Mutt

Beautiful! How much boost are you planning on running?

Dan

6. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Oh shit, if that fits MGA, it'll fit some of my Datsuns. I wish I could afford that setup. [​IMG] </font>

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Makes sense to me.

Frank

8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Your wife's car?
    Yeah! Right!

Looks good, tho'.

Jim

9. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Hmm. "Blower." "Wife." This is is a blatent attempt to test the "what goes around, comes around" theory!

[​IMG]

10. gonowhere

gonowhere

Thats pretty damn cool!

11. JamesG

JamesG

Hell I'd drop a big block in her Metro and put that blown 4 banger in your den for a good conversation piece! Thats badazz!!!!!!!!!

12. just steve

just steve
    Member Emeritus

Bruce --

Is that a BMC A-series 4-cylinder in the Met? If so, it's the same as what's in my Sprite . . .

Where'd you get the blower? Let me know how it works . . . someday a blown banger in the Bugeye would be cool.

Steve.

13. Bugman

Bugman

Where did you find a kit for that? Or did you just adapt it yourself?

14. autocol

autocol

is that an eaton M62?

15. brjnelson

brjnelson

Burntup, we think a like.
    Metalshape, it is a wet system with a vac bypass valve, when the throttle is closed or part open, intake charge goes around the blower right into the intake manifold.
    Wet or dry the seals should not be any problem.
    Mutt, Boost will be 7.5-8.25 PSI at sea level.
    Steve, how ya doin ? The engine in her Metro is like a MGB engine, it looks about the same as the one in your Sprite, but it is bigger, not much will interchange. I do have Spriget disk brakes on her car, I do plan on some "Big Brakes" for her car. Before any gets bent out of shape over the big brakes, big for this car will be moving up from 7.25 disks to 9.750. Also we are going for BIG WHEELS ( 13 inch to 14 or maybe 15 [​IMG])
    Steve do you need any suspension parts for your Sprite? I have a pile, how about some 4.22:1 rear gears? That ought to make er scoot [​IMG]
    BugMan I am too lazy to cook up my own system I bought it from Moss Motors, they sell stuff for Brit Shit.
    Brian

16. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Brian that thing is looking cool as hell... That Metro will make it to the stores in not time flat she will be able to spend money at the shops in record time, thank goodness there is not much storage capacity... [​IMG]

17. Mel

Mel

I can't believe she fell for it! Ha! That's really cool. [​IMG]

~Melissa

18. just steve

just steve
    Member Emeritus

Bruce --

Don't need any Sprite parts now -- at least not until I break something. But if it's something you want to get rid of I could probably find a home for it with the Healey club guys. Let me know -- I'm listed in the MSRA Linechaser.

later,
    Steve.

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Is that bypass valve in the blower casting or is it external?
    Is it aftermarket or adapted from a OE setup?
    That seal thing really had me worried, but now that I know it can be done,I am going to look for one...
    Yours is the right size for a 1800 so it should be fine for my 1600 as well.
    Thanks for the info.