Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wide Whites: Anything Special to Dismounting and Mounting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tcb-1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. tcb-1

tcb-1

Gang,

I picked up a set of chrome reverses for the Caddy and I'm heading to my tire shop tomorrow. I already have a new set of Silvertowns mounted on the stock rims, so those will need broken down and removed to mount on the reverses.

Question: is there anything special, other than more care, to keep the white walls from getting trashed? Anything I should suggest to the tire shop before they start breaking them down?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'd rather not screw something ELSE up this week......

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

weights on the inside!!!

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the tire shop guys need suggestions on how to change tire, you are in the wrong tire shop.

Most reverse wheels require that the tire goes on from the back side though so you might want to ask them to pad the machine so as not to scratch the wheels.

4. tell them to keep their hands off of the whites. make sure the white part of your tire does not touch the black part of another tire. make sure the shop uses the scratch guards on the mounting implements.

5. tcb-1

tcb-1

6. Be careful of what bead lube they use. At a local 75 years in business "knowledgable" tire store the clowns used some kind of black lube that still seeps out onto my WWWs:mad: and it can stain!