Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wichita Kansas Guys * remember a 23 t bucket!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grandet23, Nov 18, 2009.

1. grandet23

grandet23

Any one remember a red 1923 t bucket that was built by Sonny Bosley in the early 70s. The car had halibrand magnesium wheel and he ran a four speed in it for a while and then an automatic. I'm trying to locate it. Ill try to post some photos but some do not scan well because the picture quality was not very good.

2. Bad pics are better than no pics. My dad had a T-bucket that somewhat matches that description.

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Isnt Sonny the one who owns Bosley Tires?

4. Butch M

Butch M

I think Sonny's body shop on West st.

5. grandet23

grandet23

Butch is right. He owns Sonnys Body Shop in Wichita. From what I heard the car traded several hands in the 80's. I had seen it at Starbird's car show in 1992 it was owned then by Jerry Williamson. After that it he sold it and it has never been seen since. I was told it may have been sold to someone in Texas but I have no idea. I talked with Jerry only once in 2000 and he said he just dont remember. In 1992 the car had a grey top, grey interior, and wire wheels, (rt side door opens), corvair steering box, and olds rearend??? At that time Jerry had a personal tag that said "2 ina T". Im just trying to locate for sentimental reasons.

If any one has pictures of the car they may have taken in the 70s or 80s post em. I will post some pictures tonite when I get home.
    Thanks again Danny Valle

6. Butch M

Butch M

hey Danny I will go through my old Starbird pic's and see if have any.

7. Here's the only pic I have scanned of my Dad's bucket. He said it was built in Kansas City or Wichita in the early 70's. It had a 6-71 Blown Small block with Hillborn injection. This pic is from the mid 80's, he had ideas of running that 4 cam indy motor in it.

It's probably not the same one, but worth a shot.
    [​IMG]

8. Even if that's not it, A 4 cammer T!!! That's really something

9. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

THAT is so cool....