Register now to get rid of these ads!

why it's good to lose something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Mar 12, 2013.

1. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

I moved a few states away, and on a return visit some 15 years later, I remarked to a friend, "I thought I misplaced my angel sander, but I see you have it." "Yeah, I've had it for 15 years." Well, why didn't you give it back?" was my reply and he said "You told me to use it until I was done with it, I just wasn't done with it yet!"

2. Years ago I couldn't find my corner scales. I spent. hours, then days, eventually months looking for them. One day while contemplating how an 18" square wooden box with four large scales could grow legs and disapeer an old friend came over ~ "whatcha doin?" "looking for my damn scales"
    "hahahaha I borrowed em a few years ago".
    "shit are you kidding me?"
    "nah, they're in my garage. Wanna go get em?"
    "Hell yes". On the drive over I proceed to tell him the long story of the hours that turned in to months and then obsession to find them.
    WE get to his place," they're right over ..... Shit they were right here"
    Now we tear his place apart, can't find them.
    I'm ready to commit Hary Cary, or at least drink some Jack. Back to my place and we start drinking. The wife says "what's up with you two?' We tell her the whole mess, she takes a swig of Jack and says, rather cunningly "is that the box you two genius's used to prop up the air compressor shed when it started to sag?" We look at each other "Mother Fuc........." :D

Now I can't remember which car I was trying to set the corner weights on .....

3. at least you found yours!

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Today a bushing took flight out of my lathe chuck, hit the back wall and dropped into the obis that is my tubing and bar stock stacked underneath. 500lbs. of metal later I found the bushing. I haven't put anything back yet, this will force me to clean and reorg the shelves under the lathe. So yeah, it was good to lose something.