Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why isn,t your car finished/ started ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardgenius, Oct 27, 2006.

1. In 1999, woke up in a Biloxi strip club, face down on a pool table with my feet in the corner pockets. I had no memory of any previous events in my life. I didn't even know my name, although the strippers were calling me "Eveready" every time they shoved money down the front of my jeans. Fast forward through the tramp steamer gig, the Equadorian prison, the monastery, the year with the carnival, the apprenticeship at the brewery, the intensive rehab, and here I am trying to make sense of it all.

I'm lying, of course...I can't afford rehab.

2. KCsledz

KCsledz

I am on the HAMB too much!

No really...I am trying to got the lettrepress biz in full swing and I ahve 3 girls under 6 that I need to spend quality time with. And of course the wife is jealous of "The Mistress."

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Just waiting on flat glass and my rich uncle to get out of the poor house!

4. JAM

JAM

2 words:

Time and Money

When I have one, I don't have the other.

5. For the last 3 years my excuse has been school, just plain laziness for the 7 years prior. that and other projects keep getting in the way.

I finish school on Dec. 16... let the goading begin!

6. Justin B

Justin B

because i'm to busy enjoying the ones that are finnished (well at least the ones that drive)

i usually have to sell a hot rod before i start on another one that way i can stay motivated

7. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

money, selling my house, moving and work

8. bigken

bigken

Hey doll, good to see ya back and gettin' after it.
    Happy healin'.........
    Bouncin' sucks, don't it?

9. markanthony

markanthony

Well let's see...

our rent is more than 1/2 my montlhy income, work 40+ hours a week, have a 4,3 & 2 year old that need to know who their daddy is at least 2 hours a day and on the weekend, trying to figure how to move out to Colorado and that's really it.

It's up there on the dream list and could be "done" fairly easily but I always told myself that I would give up or put aside what I love to raise the ones I love and that's where the priority is right now.

Mark-Anthony

Attached Files:

10. Its the brakes man, I need to have a local shop hang the new master under the floor, it won't be that but it may get some time on the lift this weekend cutting the front coils.

s.

11. I heard that "Chics Dig Scars"... but that's supposed to be on their guy... not on themselves!

"Rotator cuff surgery in January... Broken back and surgery in July... paralysis in the left leg... and 17 Funerals... I guess I have no excuse"!

12. boozoo

boozoo

[​IMG]

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

14. Abrasive

Abrasive

1.) Hard to find time to spend in the garage without alienating the better half and ending up a single man.
    2.) I own an '92 Ford truck. As such, much of my garage time is dedicated to trying to fix the blue ovaled POS.
    3.) Winter's a coming in central Alberta, and I still haven't gotten electrical, insulation, or heat hooked up in the garage yet. That a priority, because I'm not going out there to wrench in -20 degree celcius weather for the next 5 months.

4.) Because I haven't run out of excuses yet, and don't have to admit that I'm really just lazy yet.

Kris

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

2 reasons: 1 word = Teenagers.

16. One wife, three kids, Volleyball,Basketball, Football, track, Softball Baseball and an empty fucking wallet. PRICELESS. Hows that for an answer?

17. Mine will never be finished

Attached Files:

18. Frank

Frank

About April I finally started some progress on my 28 rpu that had sat dormant for about 12 years. Progress has been slow. New baby girl in the house too. Time and money never seem to be available at the same time. Serious hold ups have been the location I had to move everything from because 5000 egrets moved in and continued to crap on everything in sight. The cackling, crapping, stench, heat, and lack of electricity, or shelter made things all but impossible until I finally got it all moved about late July.

This week the motor and tranny was mounted in the frame. Front suspension should be this weekend. Rear suspension within a couple of weeks. I spent a lot of time on the cab repairing damage and reversing modifications done by the previous owner and should be able to mount it before Thanksgiving. Selling scrap metal, spare parts, and scrounging up anything I can sell to get money for more parts is where I am right now.

Still got a long way to go. Might make the Roundup in it. That's my goal at least.

19. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

DOCTOR BILLS like thousands of bucks, got them paid off this summer.
    So I'm back in the shop again, headin places I never been , it feel so good to be back in the shop again. ( sang to the tune of on the road again by W Nelson )
    hopefully pictures coming Nov.

20. Spending 50 Hours Aweek Working On Our Lake Home With Tuck Under Garage So I'll Have More Room To Store More Projects That Are In The Way In The Shop Now..
    And Spending My Free/ Non Driving Time Finding More Projects To Fill Up All Other Availible Space In All The Garages, Shop , Barn And New Storage Bldng ..

Empty /extra Space Makes Me Nervous(someone Else Will Want To Store Thier Stuff In My Space)..

Packrat/hoarder Annonomous Any One?

Paperdog

21. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Three boys in college.
    When they are finished,I will start.

22. david4991

david4991
    from Louisiana

[​IMG]
    Got the 35 cab, 47 Flathead, 3spd, rearend, front/rear suspension, juice brakes, F100 steering.
    But college and work gets in the way, hopefully I can get some stuff done over Christmas break.

23. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

It's finished when you sell it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. KIRK

KIRK

I started my 30 tudor in March of 84 and it will be on the road as soon as I get a title. Just takes time and money.

25. Terry O

Terry O

Almost done collecting parts. Now if some kind soul would just put me onto a Weiand (say Why-And) 4x2 for the 348.....:)
    Terry

26. moparvetern

moparvetern

money and no real place to work on it. i live in ta trailer park and i hope come spring to build a shed and a carport. then the 58 will wait on one other repair and then hopefully by 2009 i will finally have completed it. hopefully.

27. deluxe49special

deluxe49special
    from South Bay

i have know clue how to work on it:(

28. sawzall

sawzall

my wagon's still not done cuz of the 47 chevy coupe I bought in the spring.. thats not finished cuz I like to drive my 40 ford too much.. which will never be done..

seriously.. the wagon is in a rental garage, and hasnt been worked on since spring because of "friends" who have wanted work done..

when the wagon does come back home.. everyone else is going on hold..

29. Lucky77

Lucky77

Pretty simple, my regular work week is 48 hours. If I work a day of overtime that bumps it to 60. Last semester I took ten credits at school. This winter I'm looking at 18 credits so in between work, studying, homework, regular work and occasionally sleeping, it doesn't leave much time for the hot rod. Add to that my dining room is half finished, I still have a bunch of mudding and taping, sanding to do. I hate working on the house. Last night I was in the garage till 6:00am and got my windshield chopped and pivoting. That's where I'm headed back to right now, maybe I can get my body back on the chassis if I don't sleep tonight.

30. roddinron

roddinron

Well, I broke my back 6 yrs ago and went into a tailspin. Dr bills piled up and still the back pain never stops, kinda takes the joy out of most of the things I used to enjoy. I still go into the garage and do a little, but usually end up getting frustrated when the pain starts, and just sit down and feel depressed.----------- sorry to bitch, but hey, you asked.