Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironhunter

ironhunter

Thats why we're here, to learn from others. I told you wrong though...I was eating supper tonight and thought, "I lied, Ford did build a T Runabout with a factory pickup box in '25." Looked it up and found this on Wiki;
    The first factory-assembled pickup debuted in 1925 and sold for $281. Henry Ford billed it as the "Ford Model T Runabout with Pickup Body." The 34,000 built that first year featured a cargo box, adjustable tailgate, four stake pockets and heavy-duty rear springs"

Before that, there was a bed available from Ford and many other vendors to convert the Runabout and even the touring into a pickup.

Here is a '25 Runabout with Pickup Body, and since we have been talking about hot rod Model T's here is also a vintage Ames-bodied speedster. The Ames company was located in Owensboro, KY and built some of the most sought-after "replacement" bodies for T's amongst speedster guys today.

Attached Files:

2. Jimv

Jimv

Boy am i a idiot!!lol
    JimV

3. Cool car Gudgyz. Do I detect some Marty Hollmann influences in the earlier version? Tell us more about it.

4. Love your body mod's Fitzee! Really gives it a distinctive look while being more functional. Have seen your fiberglass mod pics on another site and if you have any more would love to see those, too. And excellent fitment on the cycle fenders -- they're virtually invisible!

5. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

How about some pictures ??

"Phuket Thailand" hmmm, whenever I think about visiting Asia that is the exact word that comes to mind.... PHUKET... or is it PHUKETHAT.

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself... :D

6. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Ed Iskenderian's T is about as bitchin as they get! There are just so many damn T buckets done all wrong.

7. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

T-buckets got alot of guys started in this hobby.

Attached Files:

8. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

If you were a roustabout could do a roundabout in your ruanabout?
    I'm gettin sooo cunfused :)LOL

9. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Don't you mean Fhuk etand had that on the side of my dirt bike wear the numbers go I had Pair a Dice( its nothings but a shake Rattle and a Roll) as one gets tired of hearing about Paradise.

Anyways its a fun place. Send me an e-mail if you decide to come(ha ha) I will show you the ropes. Pictures of what cars or the girls ?

Well here is the full house Mouse

10. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  11. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

This post up above I think nails it,,70's there were alot of cookie cutter T's so to speak,,think much with anything presentation goes a long way.

In the end a nice car is a nice car no matter what,,but everyone has there likes and dislikes

JM2C

12. daddyo

daddyo

The 1961 Trojan T. A show t from Toledo ,Ohio. Originally built by Harry Markecki. Now restored by The Flying A Garage In Winnemucca,Nv.

Attached Files:

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That came out beautiful......another survivor rescued.

14. daddyo

daddyo

thanks Royal Shifter , we like it!!

15. Von Franco

Von Franco

Ditto, what Mark says outstanding job......................

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

enough said!!!!!

Attached Files:

17. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

I think that Norms' Lightning Bug/ Kookie Car or Ivo's T are some of the best looking hot rods ever!

18. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I have one that I traded for and have been fixing all the rat rod shit somebody did to it. Its a mix and match of a bunch of different stuff, but it all looks pretty good together. It will be on the road soon, and we are gonna drive the hell out of it. I never liked the Fad T's but I like this one. Should be alot of fun.

Here's a few shots of it before, during, and after the transformation.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Love it. The Un-Rat. More of them need to be Un-Fucked. Gary

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

why does everyone trash the fad t's from the seventies? they are just a part of the evolution of the T bucket, the seventies wasn't yesterday you know.there will always be traditional t's but i do like some of the crazy ones they did back then. My favorite T will still have to be the "baby" T,pulled over the extremly large breasts of a hot chick,who if you are lucky is also in the passenger seat of your traditional T. I think everyone can agree on that one.:D

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No respect. Perhaps, maybe even a few other words. Somewhere in hot rodding history they just fadded to the wayside. Just a little. Perhaps it was when most gearheads discovered the beautiful lines and fuller body of the '32 Ford. Maybe as early hot rodding progressed, their small bodies limited what folks could do to them. Did they lose respect? No, they, like so many other brands and makes, got pushed to the back burner.

Then a cool show came on television and feaured a hip, young guy flying around the streets of L.A. Suddenly the T was popular again, but it was still not respected. It was at that point perhaps just an oddity. "What the hell is that?" "Why is it so dang small?" "Looks VERY uncomfortable." All said and all true.

But when we went to car shows or saw one on the street, we all were perhaps in awe or maybe thought that it's got to be a hell of a ride to have a V8 in something so small. Yet, still no respect. Just awe.

Perhaps the real truth is that T Buckets are what they are. Just fun. I don't think their owners are looking for respect, they are just trying to have fun with what they built. Just like everyone else.

[​IMG]

This copy of Hot Rod sits on the table in my den, alng with the issue of TRJ with Norms T. Do I respect them? No. I just think they are a hell of a lot of fun.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Fred that was well stated.

23. butch27

butch27

Right Fred: We just want to have fun.LOL

24. RichG

RichG

Oh. My. That WAS one fugly car, good to you for saving it from a life of shame.:)

25. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

It will still live a life o shame..... Just not like that!!!!!

26. why do they get no respect? maybe because they look like rolling juke boxes. But then some guys drive Hondas too.

27. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

My favorite! Built at Go Devil Garage by Al Clark. His 16 year old girl drives it to high school. I drove a '83 Civic when I was 16 WTF!

Attached Files:

28. andy fadster

andy fadster
    from uk

Thanks for your kind words Flipper.

Looking to get into the 8's this year, but hopefully with NOT too much of this !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite bit of damage after this launch but soon dealt with and this year...things are gonna be different ! :)

29. skunx1964

skunx1964

30. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

I believe there is a very fine line from people liking them or not liking them.

It's definietly a personal choice and not more than one person has the same eye.

I think that we should accept every individuals choice.

HC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.