Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why Did You Become A...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Nov 9, 2010.

1. metalshapes

metalshapes

All but 2 of my cars are Fords, Ford powered, or both.

But I'm not a " Ford guy".

Because the people who are hard core one brand persons are too rigid to walk over to another parts bin to grab a part that could work better ( or more efficient ) in a certain application.

Also, they talk about "cross breeding" as if that is a bad thing.
    Probably forgetting that inbreeding gives the most problems, genetically...

2. Commodoreswab

Commodoreswab
    from West TN

I've got a soft spot in my heart for Ford, of course that would be due to the family and Model T speedsters. Now Ive bought Cad, Pontiac, a car with a 350. I supose Ill blend anything with anything depending on what I want to build. But if asked if I was Ford or Chevy, I would have to say Ford as Chevy is just a bit too common for my blood.

3. i guess cause my great grandfather was henry fords chaffuer and when he passed away oct 18 1918 . and i was born oct 18 1965 .maybe its just a cowensidents.
    both my grand fathers worked for ford and i have a cousin that still works for ford plus I like to be different too.

4. awesome582

awesome582
    from Iowa

I've been a chevy guy mostly because it seems there's always chevy parts laying around my garage. By the way, if anybody just wants to hand me a 440 mopar I'd be willing to convert ;)

5. riskybiz

riskybiz

I was always a Chevy Guy. First one a 56 2dr wagon (still have it 38 yrs) Then one day I bought a Dodge Then another. Added a Plymouth to the group. One day I got sick and the next thing I knew I had four Fords. Almost forgot the Pontiac. Now I'm looking to add a Mercury...

6. aeropaw

aeropaw
    from McDonald

chevy guy, Because dad would have beat the hell out of me if I had ever brought anything else in his driveway, he said it would have just been embarrasing!
    anybody got a lead on a 49 ford 2door sedan Im lookin! don't tell dad

7. 53mercury

53mercury

My first car was a 53' Merc and all of my present cars are Fords with the exception of the Triumph TR-6, but that will be Ford powered. Have to admit that most of my work trucks have been 350 Chebbies and they served me well, but can't say they were exciting. Basically any good looking/running old iron is fine with me. If I ever get finished with what I'm working on now I may try something different. Maybe Pontiac, Studebaker, who knows. Mike

8. 72ssguy

72ssguy

I've always been a GM guy. Now I own a Stude truck. Just wanted something different. Like the looks. Like that you don't see a dozen of them parked in a line at car shows. The truck didn't come with a drivetrain, so of course its gonna be powered by a GM product. It doesn't matter what your hood ornament says, its all good if you have GM under the hood.

9. i was born GM but im not so one eyed that i cant see the beauty in other makes