Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Why are customs dying?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jun 8, 2021.

1. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Award - closeup.jpg
    At 75 years old, I decided to customize a car. I drove it on Rt-666 in AZ (one of the best mountain drives in the US) and parts of RT-66 to Lead Ain't Dead in Dewey, AZ. I won the Koolest Kruiser award. Met a lot of great folks.

The car is mostly period correct, but is a "foreign" make (looks like a 1946 Ford). My build thread got deleted because it was not "American". Ironically, the "non-American" build threads from Europe seem to survive.

I no longer renew my Alliance membership.

p.s. Ryan refers us outcasts to one of the 10,000 websites. If anyone knows of a good website for custom builders, please let me know.

Russ

2. Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

3. banditomerc

banditomerc

In California, the birthplace of the art, customs are thriving! With no end in site....unless the state eliminates gas cars!

51 mercules likes this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are thriving as long as older cars can be found. There are a still hundreds of “hulks” in back yards covered with grass growing around them in So Cal.. not be save in the old day but definitely are now..
    I know where there were at least 10 with in 3/4 mile from me…none for sale and you can’t get in the backyard. My son found them from his lineman bucket.

54delray and 5window like this.