Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whose Deuce is this ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just saw this trailer for Indiana Jones Crystal Skull and wondered if this car belongs to anyone here. If this has been posted before, sorry, did a search and didn't see anything. They kinda abused it from what I can see. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7r53SWEbA

Don

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have wondered that same thing myself Don,...... Just like the chase scene from Bullitt,.. This was the very best part of that movie. It set my expectations high for a move that fell on it's butt for me.....

So, Like Don asked, "Who"s deuce is this ?"

3. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. I wish I could honestly say it was/is mine...but it ain't! HRP

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

6. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep - just watched the trailer again. Maybe the Model A was used in the dirt scene - and that qualified it for sale as a movie car, or somebody just got ripped off.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's got a deuce firewall and windshield. I'm a professional deuce ID'r...don't try this at home.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Harms Way

Harms Way

I think it's a big pile of Horse Poo and some poor fool got ripped off,..... Every part of those scenes are a 32,... And I am sure it's the same car..... And the ad starts "Believe it or not !".

Just like Ripley's "Believe it or not",.... According to the story, When asked one time if it was all true,... Ripley said I never said that,.... I just said "Believe it or not".

Somebody got taken for a joy ride,... and I'll bet it wasn't as much fun as the one in the movie,.... If he finds out,.. I would bet he feels more like that Prairie-dog.

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

It's true,..... But,... 3wLarry has a chemical dependency.... (But keep that between us)

10. It also looks like it has a gas cap in the middle of the cowl...what's that about?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  11. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

I just watch the clip myself.. You guys are correct....someone got mislead....which brings to mind...the "Big Auction" coming up next week. Lot 1017. (to new for the HAMB) but the engine pic shows "not period correct" cylinder heads for that year??...it's been bothering me all week...correct me if I'm wrong!....

12. deuceman32

deuceman32

The car is pretty cool alright, but what I really want is that "Atomic Cafe" neon sign!

13. metal man

metal man

Yes sir, that is a Deuce for sure, and in every shot. The A that sold at auction didn't even have a Deuce frame!The close up in the movie at 1:47 clearly shows a Deuce frame (as if there were any doubt) It's not even close to the movie car. People should do their homework before just buying something like that. At least it didn't sell for real stupid money.

Certainly if the buyer got wind of the facts, someone could/should be prosecuted for fraud. Apparently, the fact checkers at Barrett-Jackson don't know any more about cars than the dorks we see talking about the cars in the TV coverage.

Anyhow....back to the question at hand. I have no idea who owns the '32 movie car.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  14. Could the one sold be the car used in Starman? HRP

[​IMG]

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

I don't think so,... this one looks to have a 32' Frame and it certainly has a dropped axle,.... We established the poor sucker that bought that Model A got reamed if he thought it was the Movie Car.....

But the question still remains,... Who's is it really ?..... This is the HAMB !, It never takes this long for a real answer.... Somebody has to know !

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have to admit !,..... It feels good to see them spank this puppy like a real Hot Rod...... I really love this scene !

17. alchemy

alchemy

The inside surface of the rumble lid looks filled and smooth. Maybe a glass car?

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

I was thinking the same thing, But it has a stock firewall and at 1:46 you can see the top door hinges on both sides,.... Both of these things are kind of rare on a glass car.

19. That is the best scene in the entire movie. As an Indiana Jones fan, I was deeply disappointed in the overly CGI'ed rest of the movie.

At any rate, when I saw it on the big screen I thought it looked like a glass car, and I thought I could see radials on it.. can't tell as much on YouTube, but in the theater I thought so.

Maybe the studio ordered up a turnkey 32 from speedy Bill for 50k.

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

21. I'm going to say it's a glass car,there is no dip in the back behind seat for the wooden tack strip.

I chose not to use it but left the indention. HRP

[​IMG]

22. I certainly wouln't kick it out of bed for dropping crumbs! :D

23. you tube vid shows a '32.........but thats all I have seen of it.

24. I haven't seen the movie, and don't know what year this is set in. But assuming the 49 -51 Ford (didn't look close enough to tell what exact year) would be a typical government car and stock, it sure had a lot of power to be able to squawk the tires when he downshifted. I would have never suspected a stock flathead to have that much power at speed. (yeah I'm being a sarcastic smart ass)

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

I think Elvis Recorded Hound dog in 1956,..... And I beleive its better to be a smart one,.... than a dumb one...... IMHO :cool:

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The guy that bought the BJ car had better not ever run into anyone on the HAMB and show them his "Indiana Jones car". A few minutes later he'll feel so small he'll be able to go from one side of the car to the other by walking underneath..........and not having to duck.:rolleyes::mad:

Frank

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

I kind of feel bad for the poor Schmuck,.... ( In a amusing kind of way :cool:)

28. Like the painted windshield frame!:cool: May have to change mine when I finish the coupe:eek:

29. midroad

midroad

Who cares?
    That's just plain FUN hotroddin'