Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who's shocks

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fcarnut, May 6, 2020.

1. fcarnut

fcarnut

Have an old SAC parallel rear spring kit. Looking for a replacement set of shocks. Any idea who might have made the originals. The numbers on the shocks don't cross sufferance any thing I could find. Number on shock is 735512 or C1124. Made In USA. Any help appreciated.

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Pic's might help folks know more about what you are seeking.
    I'd just take one off and try a couple of Parts Stores.
    The guys behind the counter my recognise them.
    Surely they are not that special that it would be to difficult to replace them.
    Shocks are usually identified by the end fittings, their compressed or extended length and maybe a rating.

3. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

4. deucemac

deucemac

If memory serves me correctly, when Donnie made those kits, he used as much Pinto parts as possible. Shocks, spring hangers and bushings. He is still in business building Corvette suspension adapters for early Ford frames. I can't remember the name of the new company but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I am sure Donnie would be glad to tell what he used.

5. fcarnut

fcarnut

Was able to find the correct shocks. Bought and installed. The new shocks came with no metal sleeve but was able to remove the old sleeves and they worked perfect. The originals turned out to Gabriel riders the 733 number. Thanks all for your assistance.

VANDENPLAS likes this.