Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's going to Ocean City?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Valentines Speed Shop, May 5, 2013.

1. Ready for OC,MD cruzein may 16-18?
    Got the Zoomies on the flathead and rarin to go!!!
    Ill be cruzin the strip and hanging at foodlion hope to see some hambers there!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Most self-respecting HAMBers will be at the Jalopy Showdown, Sorry.:D

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just checked to see where Boxiron is..............Can't blame you for going to OC......just down the raod from you. But as Don said, drive the distance to the Jalopy Showdown ( one day only...Saturday ). You want HAMBers.............most there are HAMBers................and we have cookies from denise ( hotrodladycruiser) worth the drive by themselves..................and lots of mud ib turn 3.........how could anything be wrong with that.................best of all..........no Camaros, mustangs, Chevelles or anything else with big tires.....just traditional hot rods

4. ........and the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing is right on the premises, packed full of way cool stuff.;)

5. Jalopy showdown!!!! Larry hear we come.

6. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Yep...Heading to OC next Wednesday. With my 48 Plymouth. Drove it down last fall for the Endless Summer Cruise. Lots of great cars (although many are not HAMB friendly). Regardless, it's a blast and looking forward to the event. If you're going, look for a black metallic 48 4-door Plymouth. Stop by and chat. I'd like to meet fellow HAMB members.

Wayne

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  7. stant52

stant52

Geezer was your avatar picture taken at Bloomsburg ?

8. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Me, my pop's and my uncle are going as well. First time for me. I do understand that it's more streetrod and non-HAMB friendly cars, still very much looking forward to it.

9. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Yes it was. I plan to be there again this year, Aug 9-11, since I live about 10 minutes away.

10. Saying that there are not many hamb cars there is all the more reason to go!
    Been to the showdown drags and understand, larry puts on a great show wish it wasnt the same weekend.
    As far as Oc goes i dont even go to the inlet show, its all about crusin the strip till 3am, hanging out with friends old and new, and picking up a new seat cover (chick). Its as close to american graffiti as it gets. And with close to 5000 HotRods in attendance there is something for everyone.

11. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

I wish that jalopy showdown wasent the same weekend but i much prefer the showdown no spoiled kids in imports that think there in fast and furious no bumper to bumper traffic just a totally different kind of fun if your close its nice but its 2 hrs eaither way for me so the showdown always wins

12. .......... Maybe 5,000 vehicles, but not nearly that many are Hot Rods.:D

13. gashog

gashog

Seconding VSS's post. Been doing the OC Spring Cruise weekend for 10+ years; me and the Mrs consider it a must do. Many thanks to ChrisIDV for loaning me a battery and helping me get the 29 out of storage for the year. You can always count on a HAMBer- I just had no idea the guy in the garage next to me was one AND is building an AV8!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2013

14. Everyone has thier own interpritation of a hot rod thats what its all about! And yes i prefer traditional stuff, But in every form of hotroding thier are people with talent that are doing great fabrication and with ideas we might never have thought of.

Im not trying to steal people from jalopy... just asking who is going to OC?

So sit on it :cool:

15. .........No need to get defensive.

16. gashog

gashog

Anyone going to the old Steer Inn (now Shooters Sports Bar) on Racetrack Road where they used to have the hotrod show???

17. Haven't heard anything about a show there this year.

18. Living in Ocean City I have a love/hate relationship with Cruising weekend.
    I drive my 55 wagon here all year long so "cruising" here is no big deal.
    I love all the HAMB friendly cars that come down (but big "rims" don't belong on anything but late model cars) there's some great stuff.
    What kills me are all the non HAMB friendly asshats that come down in their big exhaust later model cars and pickups, racing around and clogging up the place!
    Rather be at the Jalopy deal but business forces me to stay in town.
    That's my rant, take it or leave it.
    BTW it's quarter to four on Saturday afternoon and it's kind of rainy, be almost worth going in town to see all the pro street dopes sliding around, yes I'm evil.