Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. abakerman

abakerman

Hi, I know this is a little off topic, but there are a lot of guys on this thread with 27's. Anyone get any metal parts from Howell's?? Did they fit well? I need a deck lid for my 27 roadster....

2. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Better do a search on that one, I've read some horror stories on here about those trunk lids.

3. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Better do a search on that one, I've read some horror stories on here about those trunk lids.

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I wasn't impressed with the quality of Howells panels i'm afraid.

5. abakerman

abakerman

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep looking

6. Kume

Kume

I bought a lid for my 27 from Howells - it was about 5mm out of square but the rest of the car wasn't exactly plum. It arrived within about 3 weeks - not bad considering I am on the other side of the planet. Chances of finding an original are slim so I would go with Howells and be damned.

Attached Files:

7. abakerman

abakerman

thanks for the info. by the way here is my new ride...project...

Attached Files:

8. Kume,id like to see more of your roadster. JW :)

9. Kume

Kume

So would I! lol

It would have been on the road a long time ago but I cant decide whether to plant it on an A frame with a Flathead or a T frame with a banger. I also have a quarter elliptic chev 490 chassis and chev 4 banger that I think it might look good on. too many choices , too Little time.

Kume

10. Go with the banger and an A frame, they look very sporty on A frames, IMO. JW :)

11. Kume

Kume

dude! I never gave that option lol!
    and whats IMO to one who got off the techno bus when lowered toyota corolla station wagons became de rigueir.
    I do agree that the A frame with 4 banger is a good classic option but I just wanted to do something outside the box albeit not a blue chip build.

Kume

12. Kume, IMO- in my opinion. There was a very cool thread last year by Johnny-B-Bad on his 27 roadster with a Chevy L6 and non Ford chassis, was a super cool build. What end of the country are you at ? Cheers, JW

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You could do like me - T frame and '28 Chevy banger. :eek:

Outback likes this.
  14. Kume

Kume

Now I have considered that option - Do you have a build thread on yours?

15. Kume

Kume

I have thought of using late 1920s chev rails with T suspension as the semi elliptic look ridiculous at the rear. not so bad at the front . The quarter eliptic chev frame as per Gerbers first car looks excellent too and the flat rails make it easy to mount the T roadster body on.

My ideal look is that of Mr Model Ts roadster so it will be on early wires.

Im in the big smoke at the top end .

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

There'd have to be some "building" going on for that. :rolleyes: You can view parts of my collection in the photo albums, although I've acquired a few more bits that aren't pictured (front axle, '26-'27 spindles, Chevy downdraft carburetor, '25 firewall, etc.).

Someday, when I've scored a body and finished the Falcons, I'll begin in earnest.

17. Charlie Fernandes

Charlie Fernandes
    from Ceres, CA

My grandson and I are building a 27 2 door sedan Rat Rod. We are in process of chopping top 9". We have a 337 cu in 49 Lincoln flathead. We will build our own frame Z'd at both ends. Will have pictures to share soon
    27sedanratrod

18. jimvette59

jimvette59

Charley lose the R/R.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Build a safe well built hot rod. If you want to build a POS rat rod there are forums for that. You will find no love here.

20. Kume, MrModelT car is stunning and i will look forward to your creation,sounds way cool. JW

21. daddio211

daddio211

27 T Tudor? Cool!

Chopped? Cool!

Z'd frame? Cool!

337 Lincoln? Cool!

Building it with your grandson? Triple cool! :cool:

No rat rods here though. Build the car safely! PROTECT yourself and your grandson and anyone else who may be on the road. Rats give hot rods a BAD name! Build the car in good taste with a sincere nod toward "the good ol' days" and it will garner respect here. NOBODY on this site wants to see rats. Ever.

You've been here for a year and a half. You already know all of this.

22. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

WOW - long thread!!

I've been collecting parts - now just getting under way on my project. It'll be a 27T frame and body, with a 32 front end and spoked wheels. It'll get some 38 truck parts including a shortened box (actually, there's a stock box available - but for $900 I can make one out of what I have available - just like my Dad would have!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

You're like a bunch of old ladies - one guy yells "Rat" and it gets ya'll screamin' an jumpin' up on chairs! "Oh no - he said "rat rod"!!!! ;)

24. old ladies hahahahahaha great one ! You can say the "F" word but lawwwd amighty
    dont say the "R" word.

25. One must respect the H.A.M.B. ,I do !!! JW

26. Kume

Kume

Hear hear!

Its not about discrimination its about taste.

The agreeable the beautiful the sublime and the good.

27. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

got my avatar as seen from a good buddy that got it to flip,He s a hell of a guy, knew I couldnt afford it and practically gave it to me! 40 years restoring other peoples cars Now semi retired, and my first hot rod ( pre 40 ) for me...( never too late ), and Im 59 ...hes helping me rebuild her at his shop......Been sittin a while inna barn..all steel, and no rust..( thanks Robert!) .Previously a 427 chevy witha push buttom torque flight ...57 olds rear (go figure) Im on a budjet, so do some trading gettin a fresh 355 chevy ,375 hp for redoing a botched black paint job on a very nice 68 chevy truck....think I may go black also on the RPU If the progress rate continues, maybe I can make the austin scene ......L.B.

28. BRYANSAYER

BRYANSAYER

Rebuilding an original glass {ford duplicators} hot rod in the near future.

29. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

The HAMB is only as good as its worst members, the last reply posted and the moderator of the day...

Outback likes this.
  30. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Anyways, lets back to building model T's and lots of them, since that is what we are here for!!!