Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's All Planning on Attending the GG's New Indy Event?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Aug 12, 2011.

1. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Yep, I'll be there on Friday and then cones on Saturday......it'll be a busy weekend.

2. Tacson

Tacson

Is anyone going that wont need both of their Saturday tickets? I was going to register and drive my 55' F100 up but my plan have changed. I will only be able to be there Saturday and I am bringing my youngest brother. I thought instead of paying $18 at the spectator gate if two people had Saturday tickets they were going to use I'd be willing to go $10 a piece for them and would hand them back to you once inside the grounds. Just a question. I will be in Fort Wayne that weekend and would rather do GG than NSRA in Kalamazoo or Lima Ohio's Rebel Run. Thanks

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, you can have one of mine. Call my cell when you get to the gate and I'll bring it to you. 734-673-6930

4. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

I'll be there, but without a car. :(

Looking forward to the festivities. This should be a good event.

5. paintcan54

paintcan54

Yes, this party will be sweet, Joe Kerr is going to have a full size drive inn screen set up, playing two movies I belive, along with food and other surprizes!!! Sorry I will miss "you" too, and the GG Indy opening show at the IMS. The Rebel Run is one of the few show's that the wife looks forward to doing, also this will be our oldest son's first show with his just finished hot rod, maybe GG will work a new date in for next year?

6. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

ill be there kindof a bummer that toms not havin his after party that was the best part of the weekend!!!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Lets figure out a plan for you to at least use my Friday pass to get in, unless of course John won't be using his, then you don't need mine I guess. I won't be there in time to register on Thursday so I've got to do it Friday morning but if you need my Friday pass I can meet you somewhere that morning. Let me know.

8. Tacson

Tacson

Cool, what I will do Denise is call you Friday afternoon/evening of the show. Then I can make arrangements to meet you early Saturday morning. Thanks

9. hemi

hemi

Both KIRK! and I will be on duty.. you have been warned. :D

10. Ebert

Ebert

A real cool deal is that WIX will have their 2011 IndyCar (driven by Paul Tracy), their WIX Cup Car (driven by Ryan Newman at Michigan) and Tony Pedregon's WIX Funny Car at the East side of the Pagoda on the line of BRICKS with a "drive up" lane where you can get your picture taken with your car and those rides. Also, EVERYONE can sit in the IndyCar and get your picture taken EVERY day of the event....way cool!

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Does anyone have a list of the parties and addresses like they usually post. Im bummed about Tom and Naomi not having their party this year it was alway a gas.

12. I'm there. Some of the pm stuff. Bubba's Friday, Jokerr's and Gary Brown's Saturday.

13. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Our party starts at 5pm saturday. Free food and beer!
    Gary Brown
    5651 south harding street
    indy 46217

14. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I'll be there all three days and if there is no meet and greet planned look for Ole Black Betty or the old fat bald guy with the black '28 sedan. I'm a lifelong Indy guy and if anybody needs anything pm me and I'll see what I can do. Oh and Bubba's Spam-0-Rama with my wife. Wouldn't miss it. If I can get my back straightened out I'll make some of the parties...at least a few.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I don't know the SPeedway well enough to be able to pick out a good Meet & Greet spot as I've only been there once. If someone wants to take the lead on this and state a spot that we could meet at 12 noon on Saturday, I'd gladly edit the title and first post to include the Meet & Greet info.

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

How about at the Gasoline Alley sign?

17. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Thursday Night we have our Open house, Free FOOD, BEER and Band....

and many other good times,,,,

GodSpeed Rides
    55B mardale drive
    Brownsburg, In 46112
    317-858-1782

Attached Files:

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Soudns great! I'll be rolling into town Thursday evening. I'll make you my first stop. Thanks! :cool:

Sounds good, there's only one sign that says this there?? Any other hints where this sign might be?? You and handsome both gonna attend? I'll bring my Easy Bake Oven if you come.:D

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

No, I don't know exactly where it is. It's just the only landmark I could think of. Maybe someone knows better.

20. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I have no idea how they are going to park everyone. I know the track well and I think Kirk's suggestion is great! Gasoline Alley won't be hard to find just ask any Yellow Shirt. Noon Saturday, under the Gasoline Alley Sign. Also a lot of good info here.http://www.speedwaynats.com/ then click the Good Guys Link. Traffic is a bitch on the west side of Indy.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I'm gonna make at least one party/cruise in. So much going on in Indy that weekend. We are racing at Lucas Oil Raceway that weekend as well. Just going to have to sneak away for awhile.

22. fedsrule

fedsrule

hey everyone. We'll be there with our hot rod/drag racing apparel business Snooky's Vintage Originals. Stop by and if you're in the mood to buy I'll take $2 off any tshirt for HAMB members. Even if you're not looking to buy stop and say hi.
    Also I have a map of where everything is located. Swapmeet, corral, hot rod parking and everything in pdf format. If someone wants to post it for me I can email it to you.
    Scott

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That'd be great, thanks
    [email protected]

24. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Coming over on friday to see how it is.I really miss the old swap meet there.

25. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Now lets admit it GG or IRP f'd up big. The Indy show should be at IRP with nostagia drags I dunno who screwed the pooch on that one. Great show just on a crappy weekend, so bump it a couple weeks so everyone doesnt get wet. Ill be at K-ZOO with most everyone else, sorry. Honestly I hope for the best but plan on it not workin, hell wait a week and go to Ducktail and James Dean in Gas City and Fairmont and pay half as much and have twise as much fun.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I feel just the same way about NSRA, they screwed up BIG time with their 30 year rolling rule. I'll be passing within 20 miles of Kzoo to attend the GG Indy event at the exciting Speedway and some of the coolest parties in the midwest! Have fun with the greybreads in Kzoo, I'll wave as we pass each other on I69. ;)

27. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Here's a map of the IMS fo GG's but I need to isolate just the map and blow it up. If someone can help please do.

Attached Files:

28. paintcan54

paintcan54

I don't know which one caused the break up, but I wish they would have picked another weekend, as we will be going to the "Rebel Run" in Lima Ohio, same weekend and same weekend as K-Zoo, been going there for 10 years now great show. Maybe Kirk can tell them to move it up a weekend and get more pepole to come!! HAHAHA

29. fedsrule

fedsrule

here's the map.

Attached Files:

30. I'll be there in the 54 fri,,car seats won't fit in the chevy II yet.