Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Rides in the Rain

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geotek, May 15, 2012.

1. geotek

geotek
    from troy, ny

I couldn't think of a good way of describing the ones built that don't get driven much, but aren't quite tailer queens.

2. 123

from Seattle

Rain, snow, sun it is my year round daily driver! They were daily drivers when new so there is no reason they can't be now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Drove my 50 Olds last week to work, 65 and sunny that morning 80 and pouring down rain after work. O-well that's what they are made for.

4. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Last December driving across the flatlands of Arkansas on the way to the Revolution it was 28 degrees and 30 mph winds. Open car no side curtains no heater. I had to remind myself that there is no such thing as unsuitable weather when driving - just unsuitable clothing.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What always amazed me when driving my hoodless roadster in some downpour was that the motor never missed a beat. I would have expected the gallons of water going down the two fours and the distributor being soaked would have caused it to miss at least, but I have never had it stall out or miss. There were times, like the 5 hour trip, where I thought any minute I would have a problem, but for some reason water didn't seem to do anything. :confused:

I bet steam was coming out of the tailpipes though, from all that water being sucked down the carbs.

Don

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

One year, I was at the Goodguys here in Columbus, wiping down my '60 Olds, doing the windows, etc, when a little cloud burst opened up.
    All the bearded guys with loafers and 2003 fiberglas "'32" and "'34" Fords, etc ran scurrying like roaches in the light and flying out of the show! Where ya goin'?!

It would have been funny if it wasn't so God Damned pathetic. I'm sorry for the strong words there....that's just....ahh!

7. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

...and I figure that my '60 was out there, gettin' wet for 9 long years before I was even born, so...

8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i cant be stopped by weather

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I was riding in MR FORDs coupe one day when it raining balls out. I remember looking at the little space under the pedals where it's open and could see the left tire start to turn left when we hit a puddle. Doused the shit outta me.

10. Why of course. In my 55 Caddy with no side windows, weatherstripping, defroster, wipers, or carper. Rain -X is my friend

11. jazz1

jazz1

I'm not concerned with rain, got a wiper and heater works, got my 41 parked outside the past week while working on another truck in the garage...Do like seeing the guys in roadsters donning their goggles in the rain, not my thing but that's being a sport!

12. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

would rather not..

13. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

All part of the fun......................

[​IMG]

14. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Is there ever a day in the UK when it isn't raining ? :D:D

Don

16. Remember it's just water! It will dry and so will you. For you that haven't tried it let me assure you dirt is so much more fun when you ad a little water!

17. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Rain, of course. Need a good padded hat for hail. Snow requires good clothing. Ice fog is a bitch. I have personal roadster experience with every one of the above meteorological phenomenon.

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Same as riding the Harley....don't intentionally head into it, but if it hits, no problem.......
    Cheers...

19. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

awesome. if you are not gonna drive them, put square wheels on them

20. n847

n847

I don't want to get caught in the rain especailly with out wipers or a hood...but shit happens! Rainx is your friend!

21. like Eddie Rabbitt sang; i love a rainy night.

22. I live in a high rainfall area, and a local roadster owner tells me he doesnt need a roof, as you dont get wet if you go fast enough. ;):D

23. Dchaz

Dchaz

I keep telling my wife that part of the fun of having a roadster is driving it in the rain. So far shes not buying it.

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

They never do. :D

Don

25. Retrorod

Retrorod

We did Route 66 in the summer of 2009, plenty of thunderstorms in the midwest that year. My sedan is pretty good about it...never missed a beat but that single wiper kinda sucks.

26. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

I had a great time in in my 30rpu at the hotrodded reunion last yr. did have to drill a hole to drain water though.

27. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

rain has never been part of the plan, so it doesn't change the plan. drive them!

28. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

29. Anderson

Anderson

It was never fun, but a little water never hurt me.

Attached Files:

30. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Several years back we did Goodguys in Ohio & headed east to visit some family. On the Pennsylvania turnpike (they make you pay to drive that piece of shit road) as we were passing a big rig, he hit a pothole & blasted us with a huge face full of water. That blew the wiper blade off the car. All I could do was punch it & pass him as fast as possible. Since then I always carry a spare blade or two. I couldnt find any rod shops in Delaware.