Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects who offers the most chrome like ceramic coating ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 19, 2012.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

have my lakes headers all fabbed up and tig welded together and wanting to send them off to have em coated inside and out ! who does ceramic coating that has the most chrome like appearance ? i realize it wont look like real chrome but i have seen some that have a decent luster as opposed to just a dull gray ! i have had hpc which is high performance coatings do all my stuff underhood in the past but this being an open wheel car i want a little shine ! thanks for the responses , headers are the ones in the picture which i just have painted with high temp cast iron paint for now to keep em from rusting

Attached Files:

• e5.jpg
      e5.jpg
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Cerberus

Cerberus

Cap's Brite Hot Coatings will CermaKrome your headers. It polishes to a chrome-like finiish. Their wbsite is www.capsbhc.com

3. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

4. Embee Performance Santa Ana CA.
    The shine comes from two things, enough good coating applied and then the longer they spend in the Tumbler being polished.

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

id love to chrome em but price would kill me and after having owned a race 3 wheeler years ago w a chrome header and having to polish just one tube with blue away no thanks !

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

anyone else have any recomendations or experience w a particular company ?

7. metal man

metal man

Far from Iowa,but Aesthetic Finishers in Piqua ,Ohio does a great job. Very bright finish. Several good experiences with them.

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

asthetic finishers was one of the sites i was looking at , i don't mind shipping something ! just want a nicely done job and something shiny

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Performance Coatings, in Jonesboro Georgia.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Just FYI, chrome them and ceramic coat the inside, no more blueing. :D

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I've also seen someone here on the hamb treat them like chrome and polish them to a shine before having them ceramic coated and then I think he wet sanded and buffed them to a mirror finish. Didn't quite look like chrome but it was really shiny and pretty damn close!

I had my exhaust manifolds chromed and they turned blue immediately upon start up. They look rad anyways...

12. bajones238

bajones238
    from SC

Do you have experience with this company? They have a nice website and brochure, but I have never seen their work. I have a pair of cast-iron SB Chev manifolds I'd like to get ceramic coated.

13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Yep.
    I used to work there part time, doing header coatings for Hedman Headers.
    They have a good product, and do good work.
    Where in Atlanta are you?
    Ride down and take a look one day.
    The owners names are Terry and Jerry, ( they are brothers), and the guy who runs the header coating department is named Mark.
    They would be more than happy to show you their work.