Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who makes the best pie crust slick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Apr 11, 2017.

1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Wanted to add an update, as I talked with Daniel at Towel City this morning. He requested I call him to get an accurate warranty definition, as I had been misinformed previously about their tires having a "one year warranty". This is what he revealed about their warranty:

"what our warranty covers and how it breaks down after date of purchase (1st year 100%, 2nd year 66% and 3rd year 33% covered). Due to the fact that customers use these tires in varied applications the only fair way we could think of to issue a warranty was to go by timeframe from purchase date only. So even if the tires are not placed in use soon after purchase the warranty time frame would still apply."

So hope this helps better define their warranty. They're good people, and trying to do right by customers.

Gasser 57 and loudbang like this.
  2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I left a message with Radir to buy slicks and the voicemail seemed active but I've not heard back. The facebook page looks inactive. I also emailed Towel City over the weekend with no reply. Seems hard to buy slicks right now.

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Why not just call Towel City? Daniel or his father always answer the phone, and never had an issue with talking products with them at length. With Towel City only building pie crust slicks on new casings now, I'd not hesitate to choose them over others charging twice the money TC charges.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Towel city is a small shop, I wouldn’t be the slightest surprised to find they aren’t open on weekends.

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

They aren't open after noon Eastern Time Sat. But they're open today, so give them a call.

Tim and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Is anyone (other than Coker/Firestone) still making a bias ply pie crust slick?

The Radir 10.00-15's on Plan B are pretty weather checked. I'll probably just throw tubes in them for now, but I'm still not super comfortable doing burnouts or running it through the gears with the cracks in the sidewalls!