Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes repro VIN data badges?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoyalCrown32, Nov 17, 2006.

1. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

I'm looking for a repro VIN data badge or warranty plate (I don't know what the correct word is...) for my 1933 Ford. The Dutch DMV requires that I have such a badge on my car but I don't have one. See the pic for an example of what I mean.

Thanx, Richard

Attached Files:

2. primerden

primerden

3. You can also get a local trophy shop to make one for you. I had mine done for only $5.00.

4. 5window

5window

I haven't found your specific plate,yet,but here are a couple of '33 plates you may want to consider for authenticity.

www.macsautoparts.com

40-14002 Body Number plate
    B-14001 Patent plate

5. 5window

5window

Do they have trophy shops in civilized countries like the Netherlands?:D What part are you from? I have some friends who live in Wassenaar.

6. i think the serial , or "vin" number is not on a plate on a 1933 ford. it's stamped into the frame

7. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

[ What part are you from? I have some friends who live in Wassenaar.[/quote]

I live in Rotterdam. Did your friends tell you that hotrods are illegal overhere? I'm having a hard time getting my car on the road...

8. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I live in Rotterdam. Did your friends tell you that hotrods are illegal overhere? I'm having a hard time getting my car on the road...[/quote] NO HOTRODS I'd pack and leave on the next boat for USA That's just plain Un-American I don't understand you can smoke dope overthere but can't have a HOTROD?..Good Luck!

9. Michael Malice

Michael Malice
    from DePere, WI

Smoke dope!!! Shit...what about the "window shopping".?.?.? If you can buy soft drugs and hookers, I can't see a hot rod being illegal. Years ago, just after High School graduation, I and a couple of friends were going to go to the Cannabis Cup and never went. We were probably too stoned to plan something like that!!! I quit smoking almost 10 years ago, it's nice having motivation and lack of paranoia!!! Instead I think I have definately resorted to alcoholism, LOL
    Mike

10. Richard, Have you tried oldtimer BV in Heeze, near Eindhoven. He will have model A data plates for sure. The RDW did,nt give you an example of what a '33 plate looks like did they ? Sounds like they are giving you a tough time.

11. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

I'm not sure what (if any) data plates were supplied on Ford vehicles mfr'd for export in 1933. Over here (USA) there was only a Patent plate, riveted to the firewall, which only had the Ford USA patent numbers listed that applied to that car. There never was any kind of VIN plate attached to the car anywhere. What Ford did was stamp the VIN into the steel frame - driver's side frame rail - in 3 spots. One up front around the steering gearbox, one on down around the middle - and the last on back toward the rear axle crossmember. Again, all 3 were stamped by hand into the TOP of the driver's (left) side frame rail. The same number was also stamped into the flat surface on the top front of the transmission case. Many trannies were switched out over the years, so you can't depend on that one to ID your car. The stampings in the middle and rear of the frame are not visible unless the body is off the frame. The one up front is usually covered by dirt, paint, rust, crud, etc. Mine was directly under the hydraulic brake line so it took a bit more effort to locate. A 33 Ford would not have hydraulic brakes so that shouldnt be a problem on yours.

12. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

Thanks for your info! Like 34 GAZ said the problem is the Dutch DMV (RDW). If they tell you that your car should have a date plate. You better make sure that your car gets one. Otherwise you'll find yourself driving your car back and forth in your garage the rest of your life....

13. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I can get the blank data tags that look like the ones that came on the late 70s to early 80s fords....

14. Well, just don't call them DMV Nazis, that would probably piss them off to no end.

I'd just get a blank correct patent tag for the car and stamp it with the serial number - knowing DMVs the patent number would probably work, but just in case someone else is already using that...

15. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Theres a guy who advertises in the NSRA Street Scene "Award Mart". I sent him a pencil tracing of a proper Vin tag for my car and the numbers I wanted. He sent back a twin to what I had----with the correct numbers. Simple Green

16. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

What's his web page, or phone?

17. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

its "Award Mart"----602-253-1967 Fax#602-254-8158 and www.award-mart.com Thats what they list in NSRA Street Scene.
    Simple Green

18. Our Company makes reproduction serial and data plates. We can help you with your problem. You can check our web site for some samples at www.NostalgicReflections.com
    Please contact us at.....
    Nostalgic Reflections
    P.O. Box 350
    Veradale, Washington 99037 USA
    Jerry Turner [email protected]