Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Makes Club Plaques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2Loose, Mar 21, 2007.

1. 2Loose

2Loose

Anyone have any leads to who makes aluminum club plaques?

I found the one from a club I was in 45 years ago, am still active with rods, ran into couple of the old crowd lately, and looks like I am only one left with a plaque. Want to send it to someone who can make some more just like it for the other guys. Haven't found anyone yet, so thought I'd post here.

Aloha from Maui,
    Willy

2. O'Brien Truckers can probably make it for you. He's a HAMBr here, goes by the name of 59 Buickwagon. Here's his address:

O'Brien Truckers
    29 A Young Rd.
    Charlton, Ma. 01507
    508 248 1555

Or you can PM him..........

3. last g-man

last g-man

4. Daddyar

Daddyar

5. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

O'brien truckers.

6. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

Thanks For The Help Daddyar

7. Daddyar

Daddyar

Any time Holmes!!!

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

One more vote for O'Brien truckers. They are an Alliance Vendor also.

9. 2Loose

2Loose

Thanks for the leads and PM's, much appreciated. Am traveling a lot so don't get online much, but will follow up when I get a chance.
    Willy

10. meanirishmofo

meanirishmofo
    from Hi

I just got one from O'Brien's Truckers, Looks great.

11. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

O'Brien Truckers .

12. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I went elsewhere and got screwd!................... I went to a foundry in town and later found out that some old timers go there and get the foundry owner to make copies for their collections....................... I was pissed!

GO TO OBrien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

YEAH! O'Brian Truckers is the place to go.

14. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Dennis at O'Brien's makes the plaques for our club...nice work and a nice guy to deal with as well.

15. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

That happens a lot more than you think!

16. You can be sure that if you have your plaques done by O'Brien Truckers or Bedslead that you won't find them at the local flea market or on e-Gay the next week. Can't necessarily say that about our competitors though.

Now that doesn't mean that one of your ex-members (or even current ones) couldn't try to save a dollar or two and go to his buddy at the local foundry and cause an "escape". It's happened to Them and it could happen to you:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words guys. Got three orders off in time for the Round-Up. Hope to see y'all wearin' them when I get there Thursday!

Dennis

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OK, So I'm late in replying. Just another vote for Dennis and O'Brien truckers. Excellent quality, fast service and I just heard Dennis is in the running for "Nicest Human Being in Recorded History" . Maybe that was a stretch but I might get a deal on my next order, can't fault me for trying.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Frank

18. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

Nicest Human Being in Recorded History
    Ill give dennis my vote !

19. 2Loose

2Loose

Dennis did a super job making up plaques for our group. Thanks for leading me in that direction. Dennis actually came here on vacation and paid us a visit, a super nice guy! We are in our 60's and have been fooling around with rods in one form or another since high school. We still race, and use 'OD Racing' down at the track. This is a revised form of a plaque from a club one of the guys was in on Oahu during high school. The truck with the surfboard is an exact copy from the old plaque. We go by OD Maui most of the time, as when it comes to cars, motors, and horsepower, we feel there's "no dose like an Over Dose...."
    2Loose Willy

This paint version is one I did by working it over a bit, after painting, with q-tips and some lacquer thinner.....

[​IMG]

This one I just painted and took the belt sander to it....

[​IMG]

20. teddyp

teddyp

dennis is the best

21. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

O'Brien Truckers did a couple different plaques for me Our club plaque (Ventura Highwaymen) came out great..The other was a copy by drawing of an old plate and they were right on with the looks. #1 as far as I am concerned.

22. He'll give a fair quote thru e-mail. I still need to send mine to him.....

23. O'Brien Truckers

Hands down!

24. Thanks Willy - never put two and two together and realized this was your post. BTW, we're coming back next February and it's my turn to buy the beer. We're taking the kids and granddaughter so we'll leave the girls in Makawao to shop at Sherri's and spend more time at the race shop (my son-in-law is an active drag racer so you know I'll be bringing him up to Olinda;)) Glad to see you have the strip back on line too. Hope we can time our vaca to be there on the right weekend.

Dennis & Sue

25. Dennis at O'Brien took real good care of the Viper's plaques. Another vote for him.

26. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

BEDSLEDS does all of ours and they are bad ass..

27. I used O'Brien's for our plaques and they were done right and were ready when Dennis said they would be. He even had the original art work for one of them(from 1959). Unbeleivable! the Rake Runners-Sedalia, Mo and The Drag-Ons-sedalia,Mo.
    Excellent work.
    Later,
    Dick

28. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

I can see O'Brien's head swelling now. I am sure Sue also agrees that he is the "nicest Human Being in History". On the serious side, if you need plaques he is the person to contact.