Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who likes Olympia Beer? ;)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlamCouver, Nov 1, 2008.

1. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Just took this Vid then drove it around some more.

Finaly sporting the Hamb plaque that I was saving for ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

Ali that thing looks killer now man!!! SICK!!!

VIVA LA ROD-BENDERS!

3. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

I grew up (literally) on Oly back in the day, we used to get it from the bars on tap, in gallon jugs in the 50's and cruise around sipping. My wife and grandson and I went to visit family in the Seattle/Bummerton area in August and one of our boys asked me to bring him back some Oly. I had to stop at 10 places in Washington till I found some for him. The guy at the store in Eastern Wash said there is hardly any call for it at all and he just stocks it for a couple customers. I guess it ain't the same without the artesian well and that Texas water must be mixed with oil.

4. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Do they still sell "stubbies"?

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Drink PBR in the long neck bottles. So much better then the cans

6. No shit on the Keystone Light...my Dad asked me a few years back to go on a camping/fishing trip...the deal was I bring the food and he brings the beer...he brings the Keystone Light...needless to say I was sober and thirsty for four days...

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Oly is cheap and easy to get up here in Canadeh

cool 'A'

9. Haha! yes...queer beer. Now that put a whole new meaning into "It's the water, and a lot more." I remember mostly drinking Rainer, but we'd drink Oly's too. Then the scandal hit and no one would be dead for years drinking Oly in public.

10. Tate

Tate

The bar I work at sells Olympia in the can, sold quite a few tonight in fact. We used to carry Lucky Lager in the can, but then couldn't get it for months; finally our Pabst rep told us they stopped making it, that is why we switched to Oly.

Oh, and I dig the car :)

11. Over the years, I've developed a bit of an Oertel's tumor.
    [​IMG]

12. LUSK

LUSK

Great car! Do you ever make it to HOT ROD ORAMA? This family likes OLYMPIA BEER!

Attached Files:

13. Raaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr Bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

14. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

16. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

I lived in Bummerton, 50 miles or so from Olympia in the 50's and we used to drink a lot of Oly. Workers could buy it by the case for like $6 or so. Pony kegs, and gallon jugs too, filled at your local bar for $1.00. Olympia was a cool town then, dances and drag racing on weekends, the Fleetwoods (Come Softly To Me) were from Olympia and there were some great times. Thanks for jogging the memory cells, now I will be reminiscing all nite.

17. Angry Guy

Angry Guy

18. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

its the water !!! i love olly .. just cant get the 4 dollar 12 pack out here

19. It's not Olympia, if it not from Olympia,Wa . Sad the the brewery has been scrapped out for the copper and Stainless . I remember the tours when I was a kid.

20. moses

moses

its for sale on craigslist seattle $6000.00 jeffrey

21. Dont forget the last one. This is the first Olympia charger in 2006 that was raced in France and Europe in the FAST class and used as a practice driver training car at Lemans etc by The Nascar Returns to Lemans project headed up by Christophe Schwartz. I supplied the motor , in fact you can see the tiny Canadian flag just showing on the air cleaner. The second car carrying the same paint scheme was a Tube framed Usac Racer using a Ray Barton hemi. It is often seen bearing the number 49 rather than 4 as this car has. My engine was used in this car for the regular beating and the hemi car was saved for race day. This actual car is now for sale in Europe. It has been repainted a differnt style and colour but still has my stove cookin under the hood. This was my shining hour! I retired after this project. (quit while yer ahead!) On my website under lemans there is a video link of it in practice going through the grandstand at Lemans the day before the Lemans classique race. It is sitting on display here at lemans on race day. This car was used a lot for promotion of the project and to gain sponsors. I go to their website from my link about once a month just to hear my ol stove run. It is known affectionately as The OLY Charger and even as the "itsthewater" on it. Funny thing in the whole deal is I dont drink any alky. I think they are asking 50,000 for the car. I forget if it was Euros or USD. This car and the whole project was based on the Nascar style Olympia Charger fielded in Lemans 24 Hr race by Herschel McGriff in 1976 which was sponsored by Olympia Beer
    Don

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  22. EW_

EW_
    from DFW

When I was a kid, I toured the Olympia brewery around '81 or '82. I lived at Fairchild A.F.B. and the AJBC state bowling tournament was in Olympia. I still have some stickers, a button, and some matchbooks from the brewery.

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

beer of choice for us underage drinkers in the mid-70's. Less than $6.00/case! nice ride!

24. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

not since the four dot labels quit !! ................ steve

25. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

26. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Good honest beer right up there with iron city. this thread has made me very thirsty and it is 12:30 am here.......your banger looks like fun Slam Couver ! sure do miss my old 31. On the eighth day God created[​IMG] Henry Ford !

27. I used to do Olympia but can't get it anywhere in the SE now. I do Yingling now. Oldest brewery in the USA. I never could tell much difference in Olympia and Coors.

28. RichG

RichG

Oh yeah, the biker? Loved that commercial. How about "We're ear, R R R R!

Miller shut down the brewery and sold it on the condition that no beer be made there again. Some con artist bought the place to do bottled water, but that all went south. THEN, the local cities, Olympia, Tumwater, and Lacey started fighting over the water rights. Last I heard the water rights had been taken from the property for the cities. The place will probably end up being high end condos for greeners, too damn bad I say.

Full Sail Ale is pretty good, but I like Dicks Beer best, brewed here locally.

29. When my brothere-in-law went out to CA the summer he graduated from high school (1974 or 5) He brought some back home to Ohio. By the time he got home in a hot trunk it tasted like skunk beer.

30. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Funny to see this up on the top, yeah I did put it up for sale, I have a 29 sport coupe that im building, I'v got the Olympian rolled out and am gonna drive the shit out of it today.

even though its not a show car its a pretty cool old driver!