Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who knows a bunch about 292 Chevy water pump hub heights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,

In a bit of trouble here. I'm trying to get a water pump for my 1964 Chevrolet 292. I have the only remanufactured one left in captivity on it right now, and while it may be correct, it isn't cooling as well as the last one.

So, for various reasons, this is what I need to know:

Does anyone know if the 75-77 Chevy 292 none bypass pump shares the same hub height, and fan mounting pattern as the 64-73 pumps?

I'm pretty well researched on these, so I already know that there aren't ANY of the correct early pumps left around, that aren't a small fortune. I also already know about the 65-73 pumps, and their larger bypass hose. I can't find a thermostat housing for one. Also, anyone in my area with the capability of rebuilding my existing pump is either dead, or on extended vacation. I also would prefer not to mail one away and wait for the return. Unfortunately, this project is pretty time sensitive. I need to be on the road very soon.

Thanks!