Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is making parts for Cabovers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pug man, Dec 14, 2007.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Does anybody know if there are any companies out there making parts for Cabovers? I am building a 1948 Ford Cabover and I am looking for some running boards. If I can't find any I was thinking :rolleyes:about using some from a different truck :confused:or just making something.

thanks for any help.:)

2. WQ59B

WQ59B

Here's 3 to check into:
    http://www.chuckstrucksllc.com/startframe.htm

http://www.wescottsauto.com

www.northernclassictrucks.com

I know the 2nd & 3rd ones have a few '38-47 COE parts, not sure if they go into the later years.

I would also check Dennis Carpenter, too.

I am going back to a junkyard as soon as I get a chance, and there's one of that generation there (I didn't see it but my buddy did- said it was early-mid '50s)- I'll check it when I get back there. Maybe meanwhile you can find out what year boards interchange?

You have it lucky compared to me- I have a '40 Ford, for which there's almost nothing available repro.

3. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Thanks for those sites, I will check them out. The years that fit my Cabover are 48 to 52 Ford I believe.

thanks again for the info.....

4. WQ59B

WQ59B

No prob.
    Was looking at Wescott's site- they don't show anything for COEs, but I distinctly remember that company connected with COEs- I believe the owner has one and has made a few parts, but they are not listed officially. I know I've seen at least 1 pic a few years back -- I'd call them directly.

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cant help with the parts chase but heres a 47 that boyd built recently.
    Not traditional, but not bad.

Attached Files:

6. WQ59B

WQ59B

It always disappoints me (and borderline enrages me) that the first thing anyone does with these is change the factory split, openable windshields into a boring, fixed, usually 1-piece job- drains a huge chunk of charm and interest right out of the vehicle right there.

7. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

8. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

My friend in Australia has a COE website. He has also recently joined the HAMB. His site has an area for COE parts. Check it out at...........................
    http://ozcoetrucks.bravehost.com/index.a.html

Mark it in your favorites as he keeps it current.

9. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Thanks for those sites Old Roadster and Tuff Tin.... I will make sure I bookmark them so I can check them out...

I think and hope the more and more popular that Cabovers become that somebody will start making parts for them..... FINGERs CROSSED.... ;o)

thanks guys.........