Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who in Nor. Cal. is good and reliable at rebuilding Ford Banjo Differentials

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Aug 24, 2015.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just got the '40 Ford rear end from my roadster apart. It not only needs axle seals (the reason I took it apart)but also some bearings races and who knows what else. The bells need turning for new races too. Think It might be too much for me now. Think I would like someone that really knows what they are doing to rebuild it.
    You know I might be willing to go out of Northern California for someone I trust.
    Gary
    IMG_0383.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Check with a local Model A club, you might get a few decent leads.

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Good Idea. Also the local V8 club. Thanks

4. You may contact SamIam over by the bomb factory. If he doesn't do it he would know who does.

5. butch27

butch27

I know that you can do it yourself (not that hard) but if you're like me I've just did enough on these buckets to do another banjo. They're are heavy and awkward.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

www.petesgearshop.com/I don't know his feelings about old Ford parts. But Pete's Gears in Hayward is a good guy and no dummy.

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know shit I might just change the axle seals and stick it back together. Fuck I'll probably maybe put just a few thousand miles on it the rest of my life.

Gary