Register now to get rid of these ads!

who hasnt done anything with their car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61falcon, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 61falcon

61falcon

we have had some really nice weather here lately and i have seen a few classics and hot rods out and about. but i haven't even taken the cover off my falcon yet. i dont seem to be to motivated to get it cleaned up and ready for the driving yet. all it needs is an oil change, check it over to make sure it hasn't developed any leaks and give it a good bath. so how many others have yet to get thier car out of its winter hibernation??

2. rustrustler

rustrustler

my son has put a few miles on my 33 chev but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Of course a broken ankle has something to do with it too. Still I find I'm kind of bored driving the same car to all events. Mike.

3. screwball

screwball

Had mine out for a little ride then came home and started to take it apart for a bit of work before the real season gets here.

4. 61falcon

61falcon

i think i have the same problem. i have had the same car for 15 years now, i dont want to get rid of it and now isnt the time for me to start a new project. (saving to get a bigger house in a better school district).

5. Got our 56 Coronet Home & on jack stands pulled out most of the rat turds acorns nest & trash pulled the plugs turned it over Started turning cold & rainy closed the hood Have to go in for spinal surgery the 22. Need to get it fired up so the wife can sell if necessary Help is hard to find when your out of BEER

6. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I have had my 55 Lincoln out a few times since the weather turned, I should drive it more.... It is too damn fun to just ignore it.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Wash? Oil Change? Mine has spots all over it from a couple weeks ago when there were still puddles around from the rain. I'll get it cleaned up this weekend but a little dirt or hazy oil sure don't keep it in the garage.

8. Fired mine up and moved it to sweep. I did get my car trailer painted though...tried several times last summer but finally got it done! Been stripping cars and selling on Ebay to supplement my unemployment.Odd jobs here and there troubleshooting for various local garages keeps me in beer money!

9. edweird

edweird

my 53 stude is patiently waiting. NO JOB.........NO MONEY!

10. Took the wife's O/T New Yorker out to a little vo-tech car show that they were having as part of their annual open house. Probably a dozen cars out there this evening, as it was only about 90 minutes long.

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

My Falcon never went away, but the Camaro hasn't come out yet. I need to hook the exhaust back up.

-Dave

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im trying but work is getting in the way Havent even drove the firebird or replaced the rear springs yet ,Ive had then for a month.The 29 is getting work done at a snails pace,

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  13. tinybamboo8x11

tinybamboo8x11
    from usa

sometimes my car got stuck because it's so dirty!so checking regularly and cleaning up it a good way to "refresh" it:D:D

14. HAHA I love that last line!

15. My Deuce RPU has been $2000 & 6 months away from being done for the past 6 months.... & I don't remember the last time I worked on it.

JH

16. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

That be me ( waving hands in the air).............Maybe this weekend...no wait said that last week....

17. filthy frank

filthy frank

too buisy working on every bodies elses crap !

18. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Slacker...

19. I feel ya on that...told my wife as soon as I get these last two "customer" projects finished there will be nothing but my projects for a while.

20. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I took a break from the car to start working on the house and cleaning/updating the shop then I fucked up my foot... Between that and the economy it's been months since I did anything on the car other than move stuff around.
    Just starting to feel a bit better like I can hobble around the car again.

Word to the wise... Don't laugh at your favorite Football player when he goes down with "Turf Toe"... Take it from me, it's noooo joke. ;)

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

one of mine is in need of mechanical repairs, and the other is being built...so a big NADA!

22. Lild

Lild

I cant believe how many people have a running/driving car and arent driving them. Im scraping nickles and dimes to get mine running because our renters (in-laws, dont ever do this!) have fallen on tough times. If it were running and it wasnt snowing, Id be in it!

23. Muttley

Muttley

I'm waiting on a part, then it's swap out the radiator and back to being on the road again.........just in time for Dragfest & Eagle Field.

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I got mine out, but now I can’t find the registration and the plate tab.

-Dave

25. You have this:
    [​IMG]
    in your garage and you don't come up with some excuse to drive it whenever possible?!?!? Crazy!

26. Yeah, you'd think I was too busy driving someone else's hot rods.

But I'm not. :cool:

JH

27. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Well played...

28. Muttley

Muttley

The part came today, the car will be back on the road tomorrow afternoon.

29. fitzee

fitzee

I did the same thing.

30. Deuces

Deuces

My '05 GT pony drop top is still stock! :) OOPS! Wrong forum!