Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which one do you miss most????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Gumpa

Gumpa

I was thinking while reading the post on "What was your first car" about which car I miss the very most. The one I really wish I had back is the 1936 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost. It was gave to me by an old lady I use to drive to the Grocery Store in it when she was going to the Rest Home. I drove it for about a month and spent more time going to get something to pull it out because it was stuck than actually driving. I sold it to Mr. Pucket for $35.00 Yes you read it right Thirty Five Dollars to buy a 1939 Chevy Business Coupe. The one I really truely miss tho would have to be my 1958 retractable. I truely loved that car but When I was going to Vietnam my Dad was diagnosed with cancer and I sold it to help them out. I would really love to have that car back. Gumpa

2. Gator

Gator

A few years back I restored a '65 Corvette Sting Ray roadster. Small block, 4 speed, red with a white top and black interior. I had to sell it after my first back surgery.

I reckon that's the one I'd like to have back.

I also had a 69 GTO when I was in the Navy I think about from time to time.

Just Gary likes this.
  3. I would have to say the only car I truly miss was my 69 satalite. It was a plain janer. 383 bigblock 727 auto 8 3/4 with factory disc. I wiped it out one night when I fell asleep at the wheel. That was over eight years ago. It was a one oner car that I picked up for cheap!! I still have the original warrenty and owners manual in my night stand. sick huh??

4. A '36 5window I had in '65. Metallic gold, vynil upholstery, lowered, skirts, copper straight pipes, tinted plexi roof insert.

5. Barn-core

Barn-core

'57 Chevy 150 two door post. 283 and Muncie 4 speed. That was about 7 years ago, it was going to get a straight axle, and radiused rear wheel wells, but I needed a commuter car for my new job, so it had to go.

6. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

A friend bought a '54 Olds recently that makes me think of the one I didn't have long enough, but the one I miss the most is the Kramer Car- a '72 Skylark. My first running car, after 3 (?) attempts. Turned it into a bit of a sleeper. It had a young stock motor, as my aunt's grandma hardly took it anywhere (55K in '94). Roadtripped to New Mexico for Thanksgiving. House hunted all over So Cal with it. It was my haven from Mom's, delivered pizza's in it, got really wasted for the first time and floated in the back as my buddy drove us home, got pulled over in it. Hot rodded with it.
    I ran into someone - broadsided the front of someone, I should say - as their compact was crossing Foothill Blvd and was messing with their kids instead of seeing the beige Buick heading towards it with a blaring horn.
    The insurance company declared it totalled, though it was mostly passenger side front end damage. Bought a '54 Olds in Chino with the insurance check, but it was never the same.
    Great post, btw.

7. Muttley

Muttley

My Marina Blue '67 Malibu.

Just Gary likes this.
  8. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

While it wasn't mine, it was destined to be mine. My pop's first race car, an all steel 39 Willy's pickemup. I vaguely remember that car from my childhood. Straightaxle with the nose in the air, magnesium halibrands in the back and spindle mount five spokes up front . . . I think I'm gonna go look at the photo album now.

RRR

9. tomslik

tomslik

66 fairlane GT 'vert i had in high school.....

10. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

OH.... I whould really like my Grand National back loved that car fast as hell! it ran 9's,12's with a buddy in it and the a/c on! but........ it's not pre 64 so pre 64? my 53 chevy chopped, canneled,bagged i loved it to.

11. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

None of em. By the time I got into truly cool cars I had learned a lesson with guitars, which is never sell one - or you'll miss it. Of course, I'm now out of space and will prolly have to sell something off when the car that's what I want for the right price comes along - since the woman just got a promotion/raise/switched to full-time, it won't be long. Now, I just have to find a solid '50 Olds coupe with the original drivetrain in good shape for less than $6k. Right...

12. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I miss my Triumph! 1970 650 Tiger.
    Last year for the old style Triumphs

13. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

I miss my charger.

I wasn't anything special. It ws a 74 and just had the 318, but had an intake and Holley, and headers, and drag slicks. Gold metal flake, with white vinal top. ("golden rod") Took me hours to drive that monster, fish tailing all the way, through the Nebraska snow to high school. Had to sell it when gas prices jumped up to a buck. I couldn't afford to keep gas in the tank....let alone get the transmission fixed.

14. You'd think I'd wish for my Deuce 5wd or my '96 Impala but if I could only pick one, it'd have to be my '67 Nova wagon.

JH

15. 1948 Anglia, 401 Nailhead/ST-400.
    1953 Studebaker Loewy Coupe with a Nailhead.
    Sold them to make ends meet 12 years ago and kick mywelf everytime I think about it.

16. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Gotta admit I miss my Camaro, sold it in 99 to start my 37 ford, was my first effort at restoring a car.

[​IMG]

17. 30roadster

30roadster

Me too - 67 RS camaro - 327, muncie 4 speed, deluxe interior,disc brake option....Cream yeallow with black vinyl top. no rear spoiler.... bought it for 2 grand and sold it for 2 grand....what a putz....

[​IMG]

18. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Bet 2 grand wont buy it back!
    First thing the guy did that bought mine was pull the muncie out and put an automatic in it. Took me months to get that 4 speed rebuilt and shifting smooth too. I still have the ralley wheels off mine, guy didnt want them, go figure.

19. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

My bone stock '34 five window. Couldn't keep the coil cool enough to get back and forth to work so sold it for $1200.00 and bought a Z28 Camaro.
    And yes I sold that car for nothing also. Thats life! Sounds like we've all been there,done that, but damn I wish I'd kept the '34.

20. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

1961 Olds 2Dr. hardtop Dynamic 88. Sold to rebuild my 454.
    Have you seen one lately?

21. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

I try not to have any regrets in life but I regret selling my 50 ford buisness coupe.

I looked over a year to find a nice one to customize but then I came upon a 18,700 original mile time capsule at a great price. It looked like it just came off a used car lot in 1951 and ran like it was brand new. I never customized it and never wanted to. I didn't even lower it. It was a beautiful car as is. I think the worst part on it was a hole in the original floor matte just under the pedals. I tought I would get buried in that car.

Family comes first, so rather than be jobless and homeless with a perfect shoebox. It had to go. Even though it sat 3 it didn't sleep 3.

22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

My first project.
    I miss it and wish now i would have never sold it.
    But you only have so much room and money and something had to go.
    i just wish i could keep them all but it comes down to..
    You can only drive one at a time.
    [​IMG]

23. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hmmm...somebody pull this thread up next time someone starts harping on a newbie for loving late 60s to mid 70s musclecars! Ha Ha...seems they're the one that have stayed dear to many of our hearts over the years!!

I'm no exception...I started off messing with Chevelles, Novas, Cougars and Pintos!

The one car I always say I want back was a total rust-heap 69 Cougar. It was faded red, rusty beyond words, equipped with a 302 two barrel and beat to shit when I got it back in 1985 (but it somewhow had a flawless blac interior in it!)!!!

This thing needed constant attention...something was always breaking, falling off, leaking, or otherwise causing me grief. I traded a $40 Pinto for this car because it's previous owner couldn't get it running.

My baptism came five minutes after I made the deal and accepted the keys and title to this terd. The rubber hose that connected the gas tank to the steel fuel line had a crack in it at the top, so the fuel pump would suck air and no fuel...which is why the car wouldn't start for the previous owner. (My dad figured that out without even looking at the car...gave me a piece of rubber hose and two clamps when I went to pick the car up!).

I crawled under the car and yanked the old hose off...and saw the stream of gasoline headed right for my eyes! Well, luckily I had the reflexes to close my eyes and turn my head real quick...but unfortunately getting gasoline in your EAR is far more painfull than getting it in your EYE! Ha Ha...I musta put two good dents in the gas tank with my head flailing and flopping around under that deathtrap in apin while trying to get the new rubber hose and clamps into place!

The car fired right up and I drove it home...then from that point on, I worked on it every bit as much as I drove it! It was always something...and I was a flat broke 17 year old kid. But...owning that car taught me a fortune about fixing old cars and keeping them running! I learend how to replace u-joints, brakes, exhaust systems, water pumps, fuel pumps, rebuild Motorcraft carbs, and a bunch of other stuff...all using free, garbage-picked or scrounged parts!

(When the water pump went, I robbed the one off of a 351W in my garage, but the casting was different, so my buddy and I made an afternoon out of getting the impeller off of both pumps and rebuilding my stock one with the guts from the 351W pump, then I made a new gasket out of a paper grocery bag and put it back on the car! When the muffler fell off, I took one from my neighbor's dead LTD and put it on (which is when this photo was taken!). The car was always brought back from the dead using such 'MacGyver' methods!)

Of course, the hood hinges rotted off the car, so I just used to take the hood off most days and leave it at the house while I tooled around town. That, and in 1969, the side windows were glued into their tracks (1970 models had bolted-in side windows), so the passenger's door glass usually got left at the house as well. I installed the AM/FM cassette stereo (a 'Robin' brand!) out of my wrecked 64 Olds and I cruised that Cat around all that summer!

Despite all the trouble that car was, I loved it! I've always had a weakness for 67-70 Cougars, and this one of the few I owned, and my personal favorite. I ended up trading it to a guy for a neat little dune buggy (no idea why he wanted the Cougar...but I really wanted that dune buggy also seen below!), but I always missed the Cougar...still do.

It'd be the one I'd want back. (Even though it probably got crushed in about 1986!)

Attached Files:

24. RacerRick

RacerRick

I really miss my tripower'd 389 67' Lemans Sport vert' I had - sold to a gentleman in Michigan that turned it into a GTO clone. That was a nice car that got the worst gas milage of any car I ever owned. I also really miss the 66' Parisienne Custom Sport Vert' that now resides in finland. I also should have really kept the 67' Firebird Sprint Convertable...

I still have my first ca an

25. That's a great story!

26. jdubbya

jdubbya

My '55 Chevy truck, that is the reason for selling my '60 Buick, so I can find and fund another one. I built or rebuilt that entire truck, and got pissed off when a wrist pin started making noise...so I sold it. Oh well, ya live and ya learn.

27. Brewton

Brewton

I have two I regret getting rid of. My first vehicle - 1956 Chevy Truck and then my "street sweeper" 1970 Chevelle SS.

Attached Files:

28. My 66 Olds Starfire... my second car, the first one that ran. White bucket seat interior, wire wheel spinner hubcaps, no rust, and that 425/10.25:1 compression Starfire engine. The compression ratio lasted about 45 minutes.

Just after screwing the plate to the back bumper I drove it to the dragstrip with all my little buddies inside. The strip was closed, so I wasn't timed, but the gate was open so I pulled in, pulled up to the line, and stood on it until the finish line. The damn thing was belching white smoke from that day forward, (about 3 years) until I found a '67 4dr Delmont 88 engine donor. I switched over the 4bbl. and the dual exhausts and drove it for a while until the wiring started to go. I drug it around with me for 3 years after that, from one batchelor apartment to another. Always getting in trouble for having two cars, the Olds and my commuter car. Sold it for $100.

29. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

63 Plymouth Conv. white with black top, red interior 318 w/4bbl push-button trans

Not the fastest I owned, but I still love the style

30. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I guess if I could drive through the Twilight Zone on the way home from work tonight and find one of my former cars sitting in my driveway, it'd be my '55 BelAir two door sedan. EXTREMELY solid (and in NY, that really means something), 327/300 with a Muncie and 3.55 gears. Sold it, minus engine and trans, for $1000 in 1982.