Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wheres the vin on a 36 ford truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadassBadger, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

i have a 36 ford truck id like to get the title for.......i cant find a vin tag anywhere....

2. no "vin" tag.....just a serial number on the frame

3. As post 2 said it is just a serial number on the frame. It should be on the top of the left frame rail near the steering box. It should be star, 18-, a 6 digit number followed by a star. Frequently the stamping is faint. The same number without the 18- prefix is probably 2 more places on top of the left frame rail under the body. See also http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_serialnumbers.htm

Charlie Stephens

4. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Charlie has it rght. Tom

5. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

sweet i will go look right now!

6. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

ok i found it. but i have another quick question the serial number is BBI8-xxxxxxx the 3rd prefix would that be the letter I or is it a 1? because it looks like I

7. Go to http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_serialnumbers.htm
    and you will see that Ford used I for 1 (the letter I for the number 1). I think the BB means you have a 4 speed transmission, probably in a large truck not on the passenger car chassis.

Charlie Stephens

8. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin