Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheres Chaquita Banana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOM O'CONNELL, Oct 1, 2009.

1. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

posting this for a buddy. Looking for 28-30 ford last seen in Arlington Va. Late 60s early 70s. looks like running C/G Chaquita Banana Banana on the doors & bright yellow. Hopefully some hambers will recognize it. And hopefully didn't go the wire wheel fuzzy interior route!:D

Attached Files:

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's a 28-31 Chevy not a Ford. that might help you get steered in the right direction.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

But hopefully it got another paint job :rolleyes:

4. what are ya crazy???? I'd roll that thing in my gorilla suit, and make all the chicks crazy!

5. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

Thanks for the keen eye Jeffrey, I thought it looked a little funny or narrow to be a Ford, ain't crazy about the paint either Denise! Now PBR, Do you really have a gorilla suite?

6. Yes I do....and that car would be awesome to find. Have you gotten any leads or maybe more pics?

7. Cool race car, we need to at least find better pics of the complete car! :D

8. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

did ya check the produce isle?;)

9. Somebody, must have a pic or two, since it was such a "unique paint theme". BTTT

10. You might have a piont there,Have you checked the Chaquita banana company??.
    If it had anything to do with that. I know down here the Chaquita group is still
    operating i think Austarlia wide.They might have something in there archives.

11. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

Unfortunatly thats the only pic available, should have run around the dc area in the same time frame...aquasco,capitol,75-80, hagarstown. A friend on my buddy had it and was driving the thing on the street... With the hilborn inj. Smallblock! Good point on the chaquita banana co, maybe they have something in the advertising archives.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

It has appeal.

13. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

That would be a great piece of history to find.. Keep us posted if you find any more info on it..

14. 0ldracer

0ldracer

That car was owned by Mike Munley in Arlington, Virginia in the 60's. It was run with a SBC with Hilborns.....

I do not believe it ran anywhere except local tracks mentioned previously and unfortunately I don't know what has happened to it. Mike passed away several years ago. He came from a large family with many younger brothers....I believe they are looking for it also.

It was a cool old car, typical homemade gasser from the era. It was a great time for a young guy to be involved in drag racing.....and these are the type cars that made it so much fun. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good Luck.

[​IMG]

15. 61TBird

61TBird

Only the ones dressed like this.....:D

[​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFDOI24RRAE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFDOI24RRAE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

Thanks Dave, I thought one of the Munleys had it. The last time I saw it, it was owned by Ronnie Kennedy. Unfortunatly, he also has passed away. I think he bought it from Mike. At the time of Ronnies passing he had a 40 willys pickup Gasser, driving it on the street. I think it was dark blue or black, wonder what happened to that one.

17. Almost two years since this was last at the top. Anyone in the D.C./ Maryland/ N. Virginia area (or anywhere else for that matter) remember this car or have any idea as to it's whereabouts now? Would be nice to see any other photos of the car if they exist.....Thanks, Don.