Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where should i look for these Seats....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradberry00, Jan 23, 2005.

1. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ok stole this pic from the model post...

I know the seats would probably be scratch built, but is there anything out there that is close....whether it is a lawn chair or a school desk...anything that could be used with this shape that would fit in a "A"...

Attached Files:

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

Seems like a little wk. on a fibreglass dunebuggy seat and you would have it.

Attached Files:

3. Donzie

Donzie

Check some '60s-'70s dinette chairs. Some were a molded plasic and some were smoke acrylic.
    Something like this.

Attached Files:

4. nat3060

nat3060
    from Louisiana

they remind me of those fiberglass boat seats.. yea check the dunebuggy ones also

5. www.lunar-lounge.com

He's a HAMB'er. Bet he could modify something for you, if you were willing to build the mounting.

6. DrJ

DrJ

7. tikEK

tikEK

If you can find and afford to by original Eames chairs and rip 'em apart ( [​IMG]), good luck to you and your room full of cash!

[​IMG]

8. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hey tony bones, what is his hamb name?

i was looking at the Eames era chairs....as well as the buggy/boat/VW seats the problem with them is they dont have that deep dish like the ones in the model....

if i know how to work fiberglass i would just whip some out....there has to be something out there.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Ive got one that looks sort of like the one Donzie posted that was used for an old school desk chair. Ill take a pic of it tomorow.

Nick

10. JimSibley

JimSibley

I still think altering the dunebuggy seats is the way to go. Heres a better pic. These seats are available from most VW shops or J.C Whitney

Attached Files:

11. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

there is a fiberglass boat seat on ebay right now, might work? under vintage fiberglass boats....

12. I'd check with a game room or arcade supplier. That type seat is often used in racing or flying arcade games.

13. plmczy

plmczy

What about those racing seats they sell thru Summit or Jegs? You could cut the back down I believe if it's too high, then recover them. later shawn

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Are those the seats from the old '50 Ford convertible Styling kit??

15. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Check your local pick 'n pull to see if they have any of the 80's BMW 6 series cars. The rear seats are tight little buckets (not quite as deep as your pic) with a center section fit between them. If you're lucky, the upholstery will still be nice. I've always thought these seats would look tight in a RPU or T-bucket.

16. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. Not quite as deep as the seats in the model, but here's a pair that may work.
    In a 29 fwiw.

Made by Beard (they have a site) a dune buggy co.

Upholstered in your choice of colors, they run about $600. a pair.
    A chunk of change, but the nice part is they're ready to go.

Been thinking about these for my 31 roadster.

Attached Files: