Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where"s the hot rods in Orlando

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shawnsauto1, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I have a free night in Orlando this Saturday night. Anything going on?

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

I don't remember what night,.. but they used to have a cruise at "Old Town" in Kissimmee once a week. But that was years ago

3. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

they still have it sat night

4. Thanks, I found out where that is. I guess I'll see if there's any hotrods.

5. reefer

reefer

don`t build your hopes up too much...street rods and muscle cars and p`ups aplenty...Hot Rods very scarce.I`ve been to the OTC about a dozen times over the years, it is what it is and the folks enjoy themselves doing their thing.

6. Ditto what reefer said.

Another option is to head over to the dragstrip [ http://www.speedworlddragway.com/index.html ] and watch some of the action there.

The best option is to take the whole Saturday off and drive up to Don Garlits' museum [ http://www.garlits.com/ ] :D

7. 1jager

1jager

there is a place called route 46 in orlando but thats all i know
    dont know what days , but theres a good BBq restraunt there

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You got that right.

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you have never been, and have the time, rent a car and get to Garlits' Museum in Ocala with at least 3 hours to spare before closing time. Gary

10. BudJ63

BudJ63
    from Florida

Info on dang near every Cruise-In, Car Show or Swap Meet in Fla.

http://www.flacarshows.com/index.htm

I live in Casselberry (Orlando burb) and there is a cruise in at the local Bob Evans on Friday nights and once a month on Saturdays. Cars range from Customs, Restored Classics, Muscle and Rods. There were 20-30 last night. Small local cruise.

11. Well, my search for hot rods didn't work out. Went to Old Town and found some muscle cars and a few street rods, but that was it. My son was searching for a flathead, but no luck.

12. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Been there a few times myself the old flathead I saw was a blond at the Mexican bar across the street

13. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Going to Old Town is an experience, haha.

14. harald

harald

Was in Fort Lauderdale a couple summers ago for a whole week and all I saw of any type of old car was an 80th El camino and an old Ford falcon sitting in a parking lot abandoned looking. I figured with the climate and all there would belots of old cars and hot rods driving around but no, its all Bentleys and Rolls,Porsches and other new expensive stuff, I dont get it.

15. Stormin' Norman1

Stormin' Norman1

Yeah what gives? I noticed the same when I took the wife and daughter down to Orlando a couple of weeks ago. No hot rods, no roadsters or old cars of any type, no convertibles or open cars and hardly any motorcycles. I don't know seems kind of odd to me considering the climate and excelent roads.:confused:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I drive old shit everyday, but I am pretty lonesome in these parts.

17. Go to Ocala and do the Big Daddy museum!

18. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

You just gotta know where to look.

19. mustangsix

mustangsix

I'm sometimes the only hot rod at these small shows.

20. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

For some reason Orlando isn't big on the traditional thing. Mostly the same old boring street rods and muscle cars you see everywhere, or ricers. No idea why.