Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where Do You Guys Get...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

...stuff like door & window rubber seals from ?

For a 55 Olds.. Fusick hold everything but it works out like $1000.. I found Steele Rubber..

Someone told me of a place in (I think) NC called Lesters.. but can't find it on a web search..

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

do a search for "fixitrubber.com" i believe it is.

3. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

4. Paul2748

Paul2748

Try Restoration Specialties in PA 814-467-9842

5. fastcat

fastcat

If you don't have to have it exactly like the original check out JC Whitney they have a large assortment of rubber weatherstripping, window channel, etc. I purchased door, rear window, trunk weatherstripping and window channel from them for my 49 packard. Prices are very resonable as well. Shawn

6. Crease

Crease

I've used Steele with no problems. Otherwise you can go to car specific catalogs like Bernbaum or Carpenter.

Crease
    Barons So Tex

7. Phil1934

Phil1934

Go to www.mcmaster.com and look about page 3181 and see if anything looks close. I'm ordering their 1120A33 today for a Z car.

8. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

From the mouths of experienced restorer's I have talked to... "Soft Seal fits nice but rots within a couple years due to junk rubber. Metro and Steele are more expensive but worth it."

9. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

wow am i glad someone pointed that out.soft seal is junk imo.ok its nice to have soft stuff for sealing,hence the name,but its soo soft it rips easy,and deteriates like nate said.thats from my experiance anyway.ive ordered all steele for my 56,and the quality is noticable.although the price is a bit more its worth it.im not sure what fusik carrys,but steele isnt much more than that.the main parts of your weatherstripping for that 55 is going to be spendy no matter where you go....esspecially if its a hardtop.
    eric