Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did your first car go????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Nov 18, 2010.

1. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

my63sumr84.jpg

thur14sept19841.jpg

thur14sept19842.jpg

thur14sept19843.jpg Let's try that again.

2. kayjohn

kayjohn

Yep! Still got mine.1st car and 1st wife.

[​IMG]

1978 $800.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1982 first paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

Mine was a '39 Merc two door sedan. Sold it the day before I went into the Navy for
    65.00. That was 1958. Never saw it again.

4. easyrider47

easyrider47

Mine was a 52 Plymouth Belvidere two-door hardtop. Nosed and decked, 54 Chevy grille and old Buick tail lights. It's now performing a public service keping the river banks by my old house from washing in the river. Can't see it anymore but it's under there.

5. A 54 Ford Sunliner, white with coral & white interior in 1963. Sniff, Sniff. Wish I knew:(:(:(

6. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

My first vehicle was a 1991 Chevy S10... I sold it after blowing up the motor, Saw it 2 months later behind and Seafood place stripped. I had a lot of fun in that little truck Shoulda put a small block in it

7. 29AV8

29AV8

mine went to the junkyard. thats where it came from when my dad came dragging it home. it went back home haha.

8. Same car, same kid , same town. About 50 years between the two pictures. (Different owners,sob!)
    Ron

Attached Files:

9. hemiboy

hemiboy

It went into my garage! Still have it, 41 years later, drove it to work yesterday....not today, 5" of snow, side streets not plowed...spun it twice in 100 ft, took it home!

10. choke

choke

Had a 48 Merc coupe w/ a 3/8 by 3/8 flathead my uncle gave me. Ran it for awhile but lost intrest. Too heavy wasn't fast enough. Pulled the motor and tranny out and put it in a 31 model A roadster. We just abandoned the 48 unfortunately. Probably went to the scrap yard. That was about 1967. The coupe was only 19 years old at the time!!!

11. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

A friend found mine. OT, yellow and (IMHO) the BEST flame job ever. Even the wife says "Buy it back". Working on the deal as I write this. :)

12. 43 out of 101 posters have kept their first cars! Just like I did! Its been in the family since february 1968!

13. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

tried to find it,but after i sold it it got stolen,srtipped,then scrapped! ...so i built a clone!

14. Doug B

Doug B

I got my very first car for my 13th birthday-a 1957 Opel Rekord.I traded it to a kid in my class for an electric guitar.He could not get the car to run so he crushed it with his dads bulldozer.It still sits out in the woods.
    My first street car was a '72 Malibu.I sold it to a kid from work.He drove it to Montana. One of the upper A arms rusted off of the frame and he sent it to the crusher.

15. Cool stories, glad some of you got to hang onto your first rides. Mine was a '64 Olds 88 that I got in 1973. Did some fixing up on it and sold it in the spring of 1974 to someone at Farmingdale College.

I'd like to know what ultimately happened to it. Thought I found it on an evilBay auction, contacted the seller but it wasn't the car.

Bob

16. uc4me

uc4me

I still have mine, it'll be 21 years next summer
    1971 Javelin/AMX
    after its first restoration
    [​IMG]

during the 2nd repaint

[​IMG]

and in its current state
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Toqwik

Toqwik

OOOhhhh I love javelins

18. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Mine changed hands several times for about ten years and then was given back to me! The first pic was in about 95-96 and the second is last year.

Attached Files:

19. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Its still sitting in the garage....15 years

20. trifiveshawn

trifiveshawn
    from Ohio

79 malibu i got when i was 15(in 95) from paper route money and doing concrete work at a high rate of 3 bucks an hour lol. Its next to my shop waiting to be braught back to life one day. It will be handed down to son or daughter one day

21. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

My first car was a '39 Ford Standard I had in high school.('65) I sold it to a friend, he sold it to another friend. The brother of the guy I bought it from bought it and it's sat outside behind his garage for years, it's now so rusty it's basically junk. Damn shame.

22. padorey

padorey

My first hot ror was a 1933 Ford 2 door sedan I built in 1967 In Hardfort, Ct. Moved to Tucson in 1980. Sold the car in 1986 to finamce my Buick.
    I ran across it yester day at the GNRS
    See atttached pics.

Attached Files:

23. It was way down in the wintertime and I needed money. Sold that '56 F100 for $475 back in 1976. Sat in a field for a while at the new owner's house. I moved, lost track of it, found it again. Went back to buy it and it was gone, gone, gone. Love to know what happened and where it ended up.

24. sport fury

sport fury

my first car was a 1963 plymouth sport fury convertible. i still own it after 30 years. back then i remember talking to people that said they wished they still owned their first car.

25. San Rafael CA mid 60"s
    highschool 56 nomad did lots of work on it keept it for years
    sold it never got payed for it
    found it on e bay 20 years later
    tryed to buy it back but it got traded to a guy in canada that was 2 years ago
    have not herd of it since

the TT aviator i have been driving since 74

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      329.4 KB
      Views:
  26. My first was a '29 Model A Cabriolet I got in 1958.
    Here is my dad with the car shortly after he bought it in 1929:
    [​IMG]

It is in my shop now and will be getting back on the road before much longer, maybe 2012:
    [​IMG]
    ... patch panels all done. I have a rolling chassis all done.

27. mj40's

mj40's

47 years later and I still have it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Emmett Customs

Emmett Customs
    from Emmett ID

Still got m ine a 1940 chrysler widsor had it 15 years now drives my wife mad sometimes LOL

29. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

My car died a noble death on the local drag strip....mine was a OT 1979 LTDII tank...my dad traded a oxy/ace rig for it and I worked off the torch building a retaining wall with pop (he got the better end of the deal I might add) this was when I was 14. The car didn't run, had a shelled transmission, no carb and when I finally did get it to run it wouldnt charge...wheeled and dealed with a local mech. for a new (used but worked) trans and carb (read cleaned a storage unit property) and moved a large pile of rock....I changed the trans, added the carb and got the car running...mech. fixed the electrical problems and smoothed out primitive tune job (IE dad and Mike the mechanic taught me.)

Drove that car for 2 years of high school till I kept making it faster and faster and finally wanted to pull it off the road and race it...I did that and upgraded it with a BB 460, lightened it up as much as you can lighten a tank and tubbed it....raced it a season and at the tail end of the season grenaded the rearend and tumbled the car at the high end of the track...I took the car home stripped it of all it's go fast goodies and finished crushing it...Hadda hell of alot of fun and learned a ton with that car....

30. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98
    from Spokane,WA

My 56 Belair hrdtp. is still in my garage.My 20 year reunion is this summer,but the car has been sitting for 10 w/o running.Wife, kid, and other obligations came, but still got my old car.This forum is helping get the winds in my sails to get it up an going!