Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

As kids my brother and I started substituting Honkey for monkey in phrases and songs ie: Shock the monkey became shock the honkey, spanking the monkey became... well you get the picture. We started doing that before either of us where in double digits. Today he turned 41 and I'm 38, we still do it.

2. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Mine came from my 2 uncles when i was in kindergarten the younger of the two started calling me Slick and then over the years it evolved from Slick to Slick50 and then to Slickster and then to Five-O and then to 5150 so i just kind of combined them to make my screen name.But after my uncle that started it committed suicide at 28 and being the one to find him everyone quit calling me that so its also my way of keeping it alive and paying homage to him because he was a big influence in my life.

3. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Cracker Jack box :)
    Our Shop name

4. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

Mine came from the result of kneeling on a wet rag while mig welding. My knee cap has never been the same, but the patch panel came out great.

5. mrdodge

mrdodge

Nothing exciting. Used to own a 34 Dodge sedan, a 35 Dodge sedan & a 52 Dodge sedan and I use it for all my screen names. Need to get another Dodge...........

6. mow too much

mow too much

From my Wife who would always say "you mow to much" what can I say, I can here the little voices in my head better when I'm mowing :eek:, besides I like the grass to look good. :D

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

8. olddaddy

olddaddy

Well, I'm an older guy who married a younger woman.......our daughter was born when I was 49 and I became an old daddy, so Olddaddy it is!

9. I've always been kinda short, rolley-poley and 'sqinty-eyed'. When I was 14 in 1953 I got glasses and opted for the Buddy Holly style black frames. Immediately my friends started calling me 'Mr. JG Magoo' after the movie comic character. (This was a long time before anybody ever heard of the Magoo hot rod builder.) I had to add 1939 (my birth year) as HAMB said JGMagoo was already taken.

10. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

I still have my blue pitbull "Buddy" that I used to breed. I work for the Postal Service. I am a Maintenance Manager so I don't carry mail, but Mailmen typically hate dogs. So it's my little contradiction of terms I guess.

11. 28RPU6

28RPU6

My latest project is a 1928 A Roadster Pick-up modified with a straight 6, so there you go.

12. Caractacus Potts

Caractacus Potts

Here is me, with my latest project. It took me a month of Sundays, started with a burned out hulk that was headed for the firey furnace.
    I'll race you anytime, cause this fucker flat out FLYS!!!
    [​IMG]

13. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

Love the tags by the way, I agree. Wristwatch crisco is my favorite.

14. Once a Vermonter allways a Vermonter.

15. bigchuckstud

bigchuckstud

My name is chuck studler and im big

16. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Love my hot rod but my name came from my other love my motorcycle it's a 76 sportster and the motor is an ironhead thats how you get 76 ironhead

17. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

At the Boonesboro Boogie a few years ago I ordered a biscuit and gravy from one of the food trailers. A few other guys were standing around waiting for their orders. When the guy called out "biscuit and gravy" I raised my hand and started for the window. One of the guys said "now don't he look like a biscuit eater?" My wife and I still laugh about it and when I was thinking of a handle it was the first thing that came to mind.

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Because I am. :D

19. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

20. David Chandler

David Chandler

From my birth certificate. But I've been called a lot worse than that!

21. See avatar<----------------

22. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

23. I got mine from the mascot of my high school...

[​IMG]

Man...I still miss that car. This was before the old bodywork started falling off and I had to redo it...I shaved the door handles, peaked the hood, lowered it, rebuilt the 289, had a light blue flat pearl lower body with a white top with blue 'flake...a guy wound up with it, unshaved the door handles, un peaked the hood, painted it pretty much as it is in this photo, and supposedly sold it to someone in KY who took the 289 out, put in a TPI chevy, and installed 17" wheels....UGH!

oh well, at least it's still on the road :)

24. autobilly

autobilly

25. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

name is joe,, love everything that i drive to be low friends started calling me that years ago and it stuck... jlow

26. JEPPA

JEPPA

Pronounced "Yep-pa"

Nickname given to me from my sister. Though it would make a great Finnish version of my name "Jeff". Turns out it's a Swedish name and it's feminine.:eek: Oh well!

27. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

I have too many toys. At last count 37 cars, trucks, RVs, boats, dirt bikes... I'm a car junkie.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  28. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Friend of mine called me nico one day (name is nick) we had a laugh for some reason and it stuck, birthday, 3/2.

29. My wife named me, she said i looked like a louie, and I drive a gasser.:)

30. WQ59B

WQ59B

World's Quickest '59 Buick (someday...)