Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where Did The Thead Go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Yesterday I was reading a thread about an east coast roadster with a "7-"8 inch channel. The guy even did a You Tube video mocking up the body (not the blue one). There was some discussion about all the different paint colors like pink and turquoise. Another H.A.M.B.er said something he didn't like, so the OP said he'd take it elsewhere. I've looked through 7 or 8 pages and can't find anything. Did get deleted?

2. elgringo71

elgringo71

3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@elgringo71 Thanks! I was busy yesterday, I've got a shoe box of old east coast little pages and others so looking forward to researching this one.

elgringo71 likes this.
  4. elgringo71

elgringo71

Your welcome, hopefully you can find something. It would be nice to see more history get discovered.

Speed Gems likes this.

5. The thread was there this morning. Aside from the comments back and forth, Mike did indeed find a treasure. I am glad that he wants to build it back as a channeled roadster, as that is what my present roadster is, and also the roadster that I had 55 years ago. IMO, too many people want to build "high boy roadsters", but here on the East Coast channeled roadsters were more often seen.

bowie likes this.