Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where did my thread it go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56sedandelivery, Aug 1, 2019.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Wow a double wammy, deleted and by a 206'er....................smileyface!

Paul likes this.
  2. 392

A lot make it and I will agree some are straight up stupid.

quick85 likes this.
  3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

brigrat likes this.
  4. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Over here on the east side of the Cascades we tend to lump all of the west siders as 206'ers, not that it's a bad thing!

Paul likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Ha, you northerners, 503 country here!

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I was thinking Pierce County also, the 253. Land of the early Olds V-8's, because of Paul. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. Let's see the stacked spindles @56sedandelivery . I keep checking back, to see 'em. All you need is a thread title change .... or a new thread, with a disclaimer. I like to see safe, of the era modifications. Hopefully, noone else will f#ck it up by posting b.s.

In hindsight, you can self report, and get a thread clean up on aisle 3. Don't hit the report button ... just hit up a moderator. If not busy, they'll remove the stuff early enough to let your creation continue to live, in HAMB-berspace.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  8. Next time title it “what’s on your shop refrigerator and how bout some stacked spindles”

swade41, brigrat, lumpy 63 and 3 others like this.
  9. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha!!! Just make sure your arm is hanging out of your car window when you post!!!

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It was't the "THREAD", it was the attitude and responses of some HAMBER'S that did it in. You can "GOOGLE" stacked/raised spindles, and find photos if you care to do so. There are a few threads here already on the same subject.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It still sucks to have perfectly good threads deleted because of some jackasses posting BS on the thread instead of the offending posts being deleted instead!

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well I missed the whole thread, but I did make extended spindles for my '58 about 45 years ago. Too long to remember how other than I took two pairs of spindles, cut one pair just above the axle, the other just below the upper joint and welded the longer tops on, overlapped to the inside. Cut the bottom joint mounts, moved up and welded with big triangular gussets. Rode and steered as well as before. Teenage ingenuity but it worked.

Impala1.jpg

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have been around 71 years and that's the first '58 I have seen sittin proud!

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It is a nice looking 58, no doubt about it, and not what was commonly used/sought after at the time. When I worked in a Standard Chevron Dealer in high school, 66-69, there was a guy and his wife who used to come in for gas, with the same colored 58 Impala, but he had swapped in a 425 HP/ 409 and 4 speed. Even then, I was a 56 Chevrolet guy, but it was still a really nice car. The real kicker, his wife drove a 58 Pontiac with Fuel Injection badges on the fenders; but, the Fuel Injection had been removed long before they came into the car, but it was still nice. But then again, what car is't nice to a 17 year old kid? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

brigrat likes this.
  15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Yep, Up here the '58 Impala was an instant custom candidate not a gasser type at all .............................