Register now to get rid of these ads!

where can i get a custom club plaque made?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodlolita, Dec 15, 2007.

1. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

im looking for companys that make car club plaques.. i remember seeing a guy at paso who makes em but i can't remember where he was from or the name of his company.. any tips on where to look or who to check into?

it would be helpful

thanks

-Lolita- :D

2. silent rick

silent rick

o'brien truckers, he;s a hamber. they made billions of them

3. Zombilly

Zombilly

4. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

5. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

6. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Dennis O'Brien at O'Brien Truckers he is a HAMBer { 59 buickwagon } and he is also a Aliance Vender. http://www.obrientruckers.com/ he did ours Club Plaques and he did a lot of HAMBer Car Club Plaques and he is the best.

7. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Try Hot Rods of Norco. in So. Cal. they beat O'Briens price by a lot for my old club, and they are not the cheap sand cast crap. These are CNC milled. Good Luck.

8. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

again thank you guy evertime i ask a question i remeber why i like this site so much..

9. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

O'Brien Truckers is the way to go! A few months ago all the Poor boys chapters got together and placed and order for close to a hundred plaques and we got them for the quoted price, and a week or so ahead of schedule. I also had a chance to meet Dennis when I still lived up north and hes a really nice guy.

10. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Hot Rod of So.Cal maybe less expensive than O'Brien, but at lest Dennis does them the Old S'cool Triditional Hot Rod "cheap sand cast" way and not the Import, Tuner CNC way......... and most inportent O'Brien is a HAMBer {59 buickwagon} just ask around, he is a good man met him last year. http://www.obrientruckers.com/

11. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I haven't gotten anything done by them, but I have seen quite a few threads about club plaques and tons of different clubs supporting O'Brien truckers. I'll be sending my money and design that way when I finalize my design.

12. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

So billet/CNC type stuff is always better "than the cheap sand cast crap" ?????????? What's that all about. You sound like Boyd;):rolleyes:

13. OBrien Truckers is the only way to go. Cheap sand cast? Better look at the detail of our tags then............!

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

bwhahahahah......no shit!
    heres our shitty cheap cast crap ones that dennis just shipped!
    dunno what your beef with obt's is, but ya sound a lil dumb!

if your lookin to save money...buy a fuckin YUGO!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. 38pickup

38pickup

What tman said, OBrien Truckers stuff is top notch.

16. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I googled them just to check it out to see the difference if there was any, and didn't see any reference to making plaques or pricing for making plaques on their web site. Unless I completely missed the link on their site. :confused:

17. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I'll take the cheap sand cast crap any day,very traditional!That billet stuff is for gold chainer's and wannabe's:)

18. EdselRich

EdselRich

i've always gone with hotrods just cause they're close to home, they're reasonably priced, they've done a few other clubs i know, and they know ME

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dennis is da man!
    O'brien truckers ALL the way.

20. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I have had our club plaque made by O'Brien Truckers and another club before that. A1 in my book.

21. joebogey

joebogey

My dad belonged to a club that has been using O'Brien Truckers for quality plaques for over 20 years. Extremely high quality.

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Dude you are so in the wrong place....

23. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I've had plaques reproduced by O'Brien Truckers and My club just had new plaques made by them and I've been to his shop.There is not one thing that Dennis doesen't do top notch period!he's got something like 60,000 different original patterns from like the beginning of club plaques.Always delivers ON TIME in fact usually EARLY.You can talk shit all you want but O'Briens is THE source for club plaques and lots of other stuff.You stepped in a whole bucket of shit trying to trash talk O'briens on this forum

24. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

Obriens have done the old sand cast for 20 plus years hell we even have belt buckles done from then to. Great work. thanks guys

25. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

O'brien Truckers produces a quality product.

Attached Files:

26. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Nobody does a better job than Dennis Obrien. When you deal with him you are a person....not just a number.

27. joebogey

joebogey

Cheap sand cast crap??? Um, uh, maybe somebody should tell that to Edelbrock, Wiend, Offenhauser, Brodix, etc. since they all make "cheap sand cast crap". That's the reason they're more expensive, instead of just loading a design into a machine to whittle it out of a block, they actually create a mold and pour each one.

28. coolerthanethan

coolerthanethan
    from Miami, FL

cnc milled to perfection!

[​IMG]

29. kustombypook

kustombypook

O'Brian Truckers is the way to go

Attached Files:

30. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolleyes:

You guys totaly misinterpreted what I said.

Dont't be so lame.

I was talking about the pits you sometimes get from sand cast. I never said that O'Briens was crap, just a lot more expensive for setup. Besides I don't care if he is a Hamber or how nice he is, I've never met him personally but after talking to him over the phone I think he seems to be a nice guy but I didnt like his prce. Also, I wanted to give the guy who originally asked about plaques more options than just the obvious.

FYI
    If you ever checked out Hot Rods of NorCo's plaques you would totally understand. They look like OG sand cast but none of the blemishes you SOMETIMES get from a crapy sand cast.

Enough with this drama, I will be in my garage if you need me.

If you cant find HotRods plaque making on the internet, try calling them.:)