Register now to get rid of these ads!

where can i find63-64 riviera front finned grilles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by str8Pipe65's, Mar 25, 2008.

1. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

i'm looking to convert stock 65 headlights and just replace with cromed finned grilled and have the headlights behind them- my clamshells are in bad shape and my motor doesn't work- any suggestions where to find replacements or any recommendations on even doing it? let me know -thanks hambers!!:D

2. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

the full assembly with grilles- will it mock up to the 65 setting?

3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

4. 'Mo

'Mo

This is not a direct replacement. The structure for the '65 headlights is wider than the parking light assemblies of the earlier models.

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

you'll need the whole fenders off a 63-4, on the 65 the light grilles extend past the beltline bodyline, on the 63-4s it doesn't.

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I asked this question on the Rivi thread a couple times. I have seen a handfull of '65s with billet style grills that replace the stock clamsheels and allow the headlights to shine though the new grill vs opening like the clamshells did.

In addition the ones I've seen have swapped out the stock grill for a matching billet grill.

I know someone makes them, I've seen enough to know they aren't one offs, but for the life of me no ones been able to tell me where they've come from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres a painted version
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a better detailed photo
    [​IMG]

Heres one I toke at Pate that only had the clamshells replaced.
    [​IMG]

Any help?

7. ray

ray
    from colorado

those are all stock 63-4 parking light grilles with headlights behind them. the last one has no plastic lens behind the chrome.

8. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

for real? I feel like a dooomaaaassss now. Off to find me a set and swap out my 'shells on my '65. Thanks Ray.

9. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

a lot of help fellas i appreciatte the tips and i will try to find me some like indashop is- i felt lost because i had no other choice thanks fellas

10. ray

ray
    from colorado

be sure you read above where i point out it's not just as simple as swapping the grilles! you'll need to swap fenders, and bumper too. probably be easier to just buy a 63-4 rivi! the fenders are easier to find than good parking light grilles though if that's any consolation. i do have a couple of extra fenders here, but i ain't plannin on shipping them.

11. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

All of the above are 64's with stock side marker grilles w/ headlights mounted behind them.... You would be much better off repairing your 65 assemblies.

12. Riviera Rich

Riviera Rich

I think have an extra set of 63 side grills if you need them. I do not have any lowers though. I will look in my stash tomarrow! Feel free to P/M me. Good luck on the 65! I will have my 63 in primer and have it out at the LeadSlead Spectacylar in Salina Ks. in July.