Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I find a clear metal flake steering wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Phule, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Phule

Phule

I've done several searches.. talked to several people here.. no one seems to know where or who makes them.. I know someone around here has to have a link. Hook a phule up?

2. dianalee

dianalee

3. I see 'em all the time at swap meets. Last one I went to say a green one and a silver flake one.

4. Donzie

Donzie

I've never seen a "clear" metalflake steering wheel. Yes, they come in various colors but I've never seen a clear one.
    Where do you come up with that?

5. marq

marq

you can find one on my truck..........and no it aint for sale lol......Marq.......p.s i will find out where Kerry got it but it is the typical 3 bolt

6. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

Theres a guy on ebay that lives in Canada that makes and sells anykind of custom metalflake shifterknobs. He made me a PIMP gold one and said he could do other stuff. Maybe he can make you one? His name is steve watson but Im not sure of his ebay identity.

7. fatluckys

fatluckys

8. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

$895? C'mon-it's all yellowed from smoke or something.

9. moon eyes has a variety of colors

I doubt clear is one of them

I've been looking for a yellow (bright) but also no luck.

the moon eyes wheels are made by grant if Im not mistaken.

hit em up about a special run!.....just kidding:)

10. lownslow

lownslow

uhhhhhh ....that is the color dude ....and yeah that is what they run .....i have a square one like it ...... they are pretty fuckin rare ..especially the square ones......and its mine all miiiine bahahahahaha .......

11. fatluckys

fatluckys

Square wheels are cheap... this one's only $400! It is full of cracks though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4543102179&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

12. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

13. lownslow

lownslow

14. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

SO do you think the guy with the $895 wheel will accept my $50 best offer?:rolleyes: :D

15. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Sorry-I should've put that in quotes, ie. a typical response from your average egay buyer. I also told a guy in another post that headers and a Clifford intake were just for show on a 235 and that I would gladly switch him for the stock pieces I have:D

16. Phule

Phule

I saw a pic of one in a book about 60's customs.. it was a yellow/clear acrilic mix.. with fat metal flake mixed in it. Unfortunatly I didn't pick the book up.. I think it's a fantastic idea.. I've got a 60' Biscayne that I'm going to paint yellowish green with fat flake.. (think bass boat) and would really like to have the steering wheel/shift knob match.. I'd like to use my factory wheel.. and $800 and some stupid dollars is not what I had in mind heh.. I'm gonna call that Steering Wheel Restorations company this week.. the only other place I found is in Australia.. and doesn't take out of country orders.

17. lownslow

lownslow

wait til you see what they want to recast your wheel .... i think you will be surprised ...it will be atleast 800and some stupid dollars ....

18. Phule

Phule

damn.. in that case I'm thinking factory is fine.

19. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Why not flake your existing wheel?

[​IMG]

20. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Next time you are in the junkyard, look for 1957-60 (not sure about the years)Chrysler products. Clear, square wheels were stock or optional! I think that's what started the trend on later custom cars.