Register now to get rid of these ads!

where can I buy new leafspring eye bushings for my 54 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Nov 22, 2003.

1. kustomd

kustomd

I'm trying to get my 54 on the road soon. but I keep finding stuff wrong. I need to try and find some new spring eye, shackle bushings for the rear of my 54 it has the stock leaf springs. I've tried my local parts stores and they don't even offer them is what they said. They probably do but don't know where to look for them. Everyone has rebuild parts for the front but not the rear. I'd appreciate any input thanks in advance.

2. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I've been through this before. The parts guys cannot fathom where to get spring bushings. Look in the phone book under automotive spring shops. Those guys will be able to fix you up. My local spring shop (they specialize mainly in 1 ton and up trucks) replaces my bushings for 6 dollars each INSTALLED. I've never even had them flinch yet, no matter what vintage or type of car.

3. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I have a 54 chevy too and I got eye bushings and shackles at the " CAR SHOP " its in Orange ca. (714) 771 6432
    they have alot of parts for our cars check them out.

no web site that I know of.

4. I was able to replace mine in both my 50 chevy and my 49 ford using the NAPA catalogue. They have a suspension-parts catalogue that works with both application and dimensions. I measured my bushings and crossed the dimensions to the catalogue....badda bing! They were stupid-cheap too.

5. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

happy hoppy got it right, the car shop in orange has damn near everything you need for that year car. and on NOV 28-29 they are having a sale. 10% everything in stock. and i thnk if you call in an order the discount applies all this week. good luck on hunting what you need.

diego

carshops website