Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects when you're wrong, you're wrong,,,,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Sep 27, 2009.

1. it looks the goods!!!

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

I think the shoe box hood flows better. And as for sittng higher, most customs should sit higher in the front and gently flow to the rear and that is what I am visualizing from that one side view. As far as you car going backwards in design or being recognizable as a shoe box that's not a bad thing. You had to start somewhere and a shoebox ford is a good starting point for a custom. Car looks great, nice design...John

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

completely agree, , , the more i look at it, the more i think i made the right choice...

with hooded headlights i think the lincoln metal would have worked better, , , unless i go back to hooded lights, the ford hood stays...

i've got more tricks up my sleeve for the nose, , , it's not gonna look exactly like a shoebox nose when i'm done,,,resemble, yeah,,,but it's not gonna look like a radical kustom with a stock ford nose bolted on,,,

4. I really like them both a lot. the Shoebox hood looks great, I totally agree, The lincoln hood looks mean as hell though. To me it SCREAMS look at me or I"LL eat your damn HEAD!!! The stock hood does flow better and matches the rear as well, Kinda keeps things symmetrical and not WTF happened here. It flows well together I guess more of what I am trying to say. Anyhow, I think it looks awesome. Your work is great, and attention to details really show.

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Shoebox hood by far.

Until they're side by side, you cant see it. The original looked like it was punched in the noce now that I see the comparison. So Vic is good for something other than kicking the workers in the ass! :D :D

6. I like the shoebox hood. It flows better from front to back with it. The Lincoln hood isn't bad, but it looks better with the crown.

That said, as long as the hood opening remains close to stock, you can always build it with one and change it later. Or even make them completely interchangable down to the paint and swap them out from show to show just to mess with people's minds.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Jim,

What can I say? The shoe hood idea is completely retrogressive! You had it goin' on with the "pancake" , although I felt the rear of the hood needed more of a radius to stay clear of any angular shapes in the opening, and now you been sippin' the Kool-Aid!

You could but a swage/charactor line in the middle of the Header panel to break up the bluff front, but you'd have to balance that off your final grille & headlamp door shapes.

If you do wind up goin back with the shoe/Lincoln panel, atleast loose the sharp angles at the rear hood panel to cowl intersection. It's a real "buzz-kill" to have all those organic shapes working, and some damn hard angle comes along and sticks ya in the eye!

That's what I'm seein' from out here in California, anyway!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " All great truths begin as blasphemies''

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

heres a few more pics that may better illustrate why i went to the shoebox hood, , , the nose needed more "pointiness" for lack of a better word, , ,i felt the lincoln piece i grafted in gave the nose too much flatness across the front, , ,the shoebox hood added back some of the curviness to the nose,,,,i may pancake the new hood and possibly add some subtle sculptured lines,,,the headlights will also have clear acrylic bullet covers which will compliment the taillights well i think,,,im gonna build a rolled pan, and possibly make some skinny wraparound bumperettes, , ,i realize this seems like a step backwards to some of you, but trust me, , ,its gonna end up looking just as radical as the rest of the car,,,,

Attached Files:

9. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I think the stock hood looks a just little too "bulbous" and round to be on such a sleek car. I can't wait to see what you do to it though. Either way, it ain't ugly. :)

-Chris

10. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Now I gotcha, that should look great with the other mods.

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

I still like the shoe box hood. When you look at your new pictures. The leading edge of the front fenders flow at angle towards the front tires and the shoe box hood mimics that same angle. plus the higher peaked hood also mimics the top radius of your fenders. It just flows...John

12. mj40's

mj40's

With the custom work on the rear, I'm liking the Lincoln hood myself.

13. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

EXACTLY my thinking as well

14. VanHorton

VanHorton

I think it looks good jim... like you said there is no point in change for the sake of change, if the shoebox hood works better go for it!

I can vouch for Jim and his car, ive seen it in person, and the camera really fucks with the proportions of it, in person it all makes 100% total sense... its a classic in the making...

15. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Real nice, Jim!
    That hood is going to work in perfectly...much better than that Lincoln would have in my opinion for what ever the F that's worth! haha
    Keep the updates coming...please!:cool:

16. CoryV

CoryV

I like how your car is coming along, and although i'm not the one racking my brain on it. I'm a little late with a suggestion here. but you say you want pointiness in the front hood? What about melding (grafting) on the hood ornament of the plane looking thing these had on them?
    The wings of the plane would flow with what you got going on in the back of the car. Hopefully, if anything this idea would add maybe one more trick to your sleeve.
    Cory

Attached Files:

17. just my 2cents but how about peaked headlights, say 55-7 chevy.

18. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I'm liking the shoebox hood as well.